Kore belt update, 1 1/2 years use

I just thought I’d post this, partially for my records. I’ve used the Kore gun belt for 95% of carrying, also, 95% of the time with an AIWB position (1 o’clock).

I’ve been very happy with it overall, and happy to use it as my daily go-to belt. I’ve used it while doing landscaping, hardscaping, snow removal, heavy lifting, construction and deconstruction work (non-professional), as well as long periods of driving and desk work.

I noticed that something was off for the last month or two related to keeping my grip tucked in. I’m officially considering this belt done, and will be ordering a replacement belt from Kore (buckle is still good, as well as teeth on the belt). I think that 1 1/2 years is not bad for the lifetime of a CCW belt, and now I have a replacement schedule with a realistic lifespan expectation.

2 Likes

Which one is it? “Classic” or “Gun” ?

1 Like

Based on my experience, that would be a realistic expectation of time on ‘that’ belt. I have a CCW belt that is over 20 years old and still in good condition for service (I shrunk out of it 6 years ago).

As for the Kore, my experience has not been quite as good. I had the track snap on the first one after a month or two. I replaced it and same thing. I kept wearing it and it snapped again. After the 3rd snap I have given up, and the last time I looked you could not get that belt as a replacement anymore. I did purchase the NextBelt after this, and so far it has worked fine for the times I have used it (about 20% carry).

1 Like

Kore Brown Leather Gun Belt

3 Likes

What belt do you suggest in a 1 1/2"? My Hank’s and Galco show slight signs of stretching within a year. Right now I’m wearing a Ciguera Gear Emissary Gun Belt while waiting to order another Kore (next month’s budget).

I like the adjustability of the Kore, and the thickness works with all of my pants and belt pouches.

1 Like

Thx. I’ve been using my Leather Gun Belt for last year, 18-20 hrs a day. Only scratches on the leather next to the buckle.

2 Likes

I love the adjustability of the Kore/NexBelt. It is also thin and holds my items up very well. Being able to order it and cut it to what I need is awesome, especially as I go down in size. Since it appears that one might interchange the two, I may just order a NexBelt and put it in my Kore buckle (which I like better).

My wife has several Hank’s, but carries a small gun :smiley: My current leather belt is a Bigfoot (steel liner). Holds up to my abuse with heavy items very well, almost a touch too stiff.

3 Likes

My heavy duty kore belt (I think it’s nylon) hasn’t given me any issue, though leather is more comfortable. I’ve had it for about a year. That being said, it’s rated for much more weight that the leather option. I’ve also changed my carry position 6 months in so I’m sure that changes the wear pattern too.

1 Like

Just finished ordering their nylon version and another leather version. Hopefully the nylon version will last longer. In the meantime, I’ve been wanting to put more time on the Emissary belt anyway.

2 Likes

Like my VersaCarry belt, stiff but still comfortable and holds my 1911 up.

2 Likes