Knife coverage?

Hello, if One had to use a folding pocket knife with a 5 1/2" blade in self defense does my USCCA coverage protect me? Thank You :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I am not a lawyer, nor am I affiliated with USCCA.

As long as the knife in question is legal to carry in your state. Then the answer should be yes.

USCCA is not gun insurance. It’s actually self-defense insurance.

Am I correct @Dawn ?

8 Likes

That’s how I read it. If you used a sharp stick, or a GMC bumper for self defense, it’s covered. USCCA is a training organization, with an insurance package as a perk of your membership.

7 Likes

I hope we are not advocating a turn in of firearms! Just wondering?

4 Likes

I understood that the coverage is not limited to firearms, however you bring up another good point that I should also read up on the policies. Some cities and or counties have legal limits on the length of the blade.

5 Likes

Turn in your ar & get $2 & a pointy stick. Soon to be a new deal in USA

4 Likes

As I tell people, with the uscca you can use a SPORK and your covered. Seriously, where would a spork be outlawed? Well maybe in New York or Cali, they have some strange laws.

1 Like

This probably isn’t New York, or Cali compliant

3 Likes

Great, one more thing I need to hurry up and buy before it’s banned. :smile:

3 Likes

@Justin47 has it right, as long as it’s a weapon you can have legally used in your self-defense, your membership benefits should apply (depending on the details of the situation).

4 Likes

I look at it more as “if I’m in a GFZ.” I can’t legally carry a gun into a hospital, but, I can carry a pocket knife.
Just not to long ago, at a local Dr’s office, there was a patient absolutely freaking out. The local PD later confirmed he wa high on cocaine. Had I been there, abiding by the law, I wouldn’t have a gun. I would have a knife. If that person attacked me, knife it is. And a chair. And the tv off the wall. Whatever made the best defensive weapon at that moment.

4 Likes

Up next for banning with the new people in office…

1. sporks
  2. bubble wrap, it sounds like gun fire when you pop it.
  3. black and brown crayons (we all know why)
  4. those scary super soaker guns
  5. an IQ above that of a 4th grader.
3 Likes

As others have said, @Bruno, as long as you are legally carrying the knife and it is used in an act of self defense, there should be coverage.

3 Likes

Not sure if it has been banned already, but it seems most politicians already exhibit that criterion.

2 Likes