Just Because You Carry Doesn't Mean You Are Invincable

Just to get us thinking…

5 Likes

That’s sad that he lost his life…This is why we carry, but let’s not forget that the good guys don’t always walk away. This fellow concealed carrier paid the ultimate price, but saved lives in the process.

6 Likes

That’s a tough one, but I appreciate you sharing this. It’s a stark reminder of a possibility that faces us all. Train hard family, stay safe out there.

6 Likes

…"and around 2 a.m. Saturday, there was an argument when one of the women at the party thought someone called her “baby girl” and started swearing at people outside in the yard.

Jordan then started yelling, and said “this was his momma’s house, and he didn’t care how many n****s you got with you, you got to get going,” according to prosecutors."

If you party at 2am with a bunch of dipshitz, this is what happens…. Mostly nothing good happens after midnight.

7 Likes

Ok, Ill give you that one-- how about this

3 Likes

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

6 Likes

Just Because You Carry Doesn’t Mean You Are Invincable

True fact, and we should train with the mindset that we’re never going to have the upper hand in a situation and train hard and smart.

Sounds like the CCW holder “stayed in the fight” though as despite being mortally wounded he still drew and stopped Jordon (hit him twice with his shots). Important lesson there for us about firing until we stop the threat.

Not lost on me the irony of a convicted felon, being electronically monitored because of pending weapons charges has a gun…in Chicago. Good thing they have all those gun laws there in Chiraq keeping their citizens safe.

3 Likes

good thing that teen doesn’t know how to disengage the firearm’s manual safety. Wow God was watching over him.

2 Likes

Exactly.

5 Likes

Thank God this young thug didn’t know how to operate the firearm. Then he’s dumb enough to commit some robberies with it.

1 Like

I don’t think we can know who is the “good guy” in that 2am party situation. Story didn’t say.

Alternate story: He may have been CCW licensed, but may have also been drunk and instigated the fight, you know calling said felon’s friend “baby girl” and all. Thems is fightin’ words!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::poop::exploding_head:

3 Likes

There’s soooo much wrong with this. I really feel like this guy should be a poster child for law reform so we can apply more appropriate punishments to crimes and get losers like this off the streets and not waiting trial shooting people.

3 Likes

I struggle with this one. Is the glass half-full, or half-empty?

So a legally-armed citizen stops a Bad Guy from inflicting even more fatalities, that’s certainly half-full.

But the same legally-armed citizen is hanging out in a high-crime neighborhood , a neighborhood that had seen 9 shootings and 10 assaults that very week, at 2:00 a.m. That’s very poor judgment, and the glass is half-empty.

People benefitted from his selfless act, but I would be surprised if any USCCA instructors would tell his pupils, “This is how it’s supposed to be done!”

3 Likes

I wonder if CCW holder’s uscca contract would kick in?

1 Like

:confused: Ain’t that the unfortunate truth :pensive:

2 Likes