Just approved for my CCW Permit!

Now get you some range time, it helps a lot trust me.

2 Likes

Congrats. Here in Ohio, after completing an approved CCW course, we go to the County sheriff office, file an application for permit, get finger printed and the application is processed through the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI). Once cleared and approved by the Sheriff, we have to go into the Sheriff’s office, get a photo taken for our ID/permit.

5 Likes

Congrats. Welcome to the lifestyle. Keep your eyes up, your head down, and train as often as possible.

4 Likes

Welcome Dan. A great step taken to help protect yourself and your family. I’ll never forget how “different” I felt the first time I carried my firearm concealed. I received so many helpful tips from others in the CCW family. Some of their advice:

1. Carry the firearm you are most comfortable shooting- the firearm you can shoot accurately.
  2. Make sure you wear a comfortable, well made holster, that helps keep your firearm concealed and helps keep your firearm from printing too much.
  3. Practice drawing your firearm over and over and over, until you are completely confident.
  4. Study your states laws on concealed carry and the reciprocal laws in other states you may travel to.
  5. Become keenly aware of your surroundings.
  6. Know what to say and what to do if you are ever involved in a situation that you have to use your firearm.
    (USCCA has printed cards you can keep in your wallet- & memorize)
  7. Congratulations Dan. Stay safe and GOD bless.
4 Likes

Ten years ago, I applied for an Arizona permit. I received my permit package with the application and fingerprint card in 2 days. After completing the application, getting my fingerprints taken at our local Sheriff’s Department, I mailed it in and received my permit in the mail just 17 days later!
Here in CA, after going through all the requirements regarding training, home interview, psychological examination (at that time, my county no longer requires that unless they’re suspicious) It took over 45 days to get the permit.
My AZ permit is good for 5 years and they notify me when it’s time for renewal. Here in CA is’t good for 2 years, they don’t send a reminder, we have to take another class and requalify with the guns we want listed (we’re allowed 3 listed in my county) and we can only carry the listed guns. Also, we cannot apply for the renewal until 30 days to expiration and it usually takes anywhere from 30 to 60 days to get the new permit. So, if there’s a backlog there can br a period of time where we can’t carry legally.

2 Likes

Congrats!! Welcome to the community!!

2 Likes

I know it is still valid. But going on 16 months is a little crazy.

5 Likes

Just remember, that the 2nd Amendment protects the 1st Amendment.

6 Likes

Congratulations @Dan132! So now that you will be getting your permit, what are your next steps on your firearm journey?

3 Likes

Congrats to all those who have received their CCL in a reasonable amount of time.
As of today I have been waiting 407 days for my CCL.

Sent my application with necessary photo, documentation, etc., registered mail and have received proper receipt from the ISP. I’ve called various times written letters and still waiting. Do not know where I can turn to now. A sincerely disappointed “customer”.

Joseph A

2 Likes

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Geoffrey6 !

2 Likes

Congrats. Let the excitement drive you to a lot of thought. No cowboy stuff. Imagine scenarios and how you will avoid confrontation, escape and the use of your gun is the last option.

In karate, the first rule in defense is “Don’t be there.”.

5 Likes

With great Power comes great responsibility. Congrats on taking that responsibility

4 Likes

The normally dysfunctional State of Illinois government is finding itself deeper and deeper in the hole!

Luckily my FOID & CCW are good into 2022 & 2023 respectively.

I bought a boat and it took 8 months for DNR to mail the new stickers and registration card. That is normally a 30 day process.

We need a change in Springfield!

4 Likes

Congratulations!

3 Likes

That should not have taken this long by any stretch. However, I will look at this as a positive thinking that the delay may be in part due to increased demand.

BTW, for non-Arizonans, we are a constitutional carry state which means we can carry open or concealed without a permit.

Incidentally, when I first moved here in 1997, I would see far more open carry than now. This is because more and more folks from out of state are moving in and they are clearly not “gun friendly”. But it is also due to more and more folks carrying discreetly concealed for all the good reasons for doing that.

One very nice feature in having a permit is Arizona, it expedites the purchase of a handgun to no more time than one wishes to take conversing with the sales person.

4 Likes

Does it normally take that long in AZ?

2 Likes

They really don’t want you to have one. Prickster/lightfoot/Foxx and company only allow thugs to carry. They will make an example out of law abiding citizens if they’re caught.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Gary_J1 and God bless you.

3 Likes