Jugging

6 Likes

What’s jugging?

3 Likes

Exactly!
I had never heard of it before.
Criminals are canvassing banks/ATM’s and following the customer home or to wherever they stop next and rob them

6 Likes

@Nathan57
I don’t know where the name came from but according to the article it’s when you get followed after you withdraw money from a bank to your next location. That’s been going on for a while but didn’t have a name.

6 Likes

After leaving an ATM people usually are counting their money right there and not situationally aware of what is going on around them. Then they walk to and enter their vehicle without looking around to see if they are being followed. Easy to be a victim. The only advice I can give is to keep your head on a swivel and be aware of your surroundings.

11 Likes

A woman was followed 20 miles, that’s scary

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

3 Likes

Looked like the guy ‘would have’ had time to draw and fire had he been armed.

4 Likes

Fantastic article. Seems I’ll have to bring my own binoculars to scan the distance. This is absurd, but glad to know I could be being watched from long distances.
That was never in my playbook. I usually scan from near to far 360! But never thought the creep would be several 100 yards away, watching with binoculars.
Looks like I’ll have to update EDC…

How funny I should mention the binoculars, on of my daughters got me a monocular for the holidays. Guess that will be strapped to my side. I’ll be looking for them as much as they will be looking for me.

Looks like I’ll get some good use out of it after all!

6 Likes

I first heard the term “jugging” in reference to people being followed to or perps sitting at a gun range and robbing the vehicles of firearms, about a year ago. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

This is nothing new. An old friend who lives in Houston was robbed of his ATM withdrawal at an intersection. This was over 10 years ago. Situational awareness is everything.

7 Likes

I have heard of this. I never take my wallet to the ATM just the card. I never count money until I’m behind locked doors in my vehicle. You follow me home you’ll be met prepared.

9 Likes

How’s it different from stalking?

3 Likes

@David237
I do not think it’s different from stalking it’s the same as stalking.

4 Likes

How about we call it stalking.

4 Likes

This is why I never leave a bank carrying large canvas sacks with dollar signs on 'em.

6 Likes

The difference is within the final fulfillment.

According to US DoJ:
The term talking means engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to fear for his or her safety or the safety of others or suffer substantial emotional distress.
Jugging focuses on the money and valuables only.

4 Likes

That’s odd. Just seeing the title of the thread, I thought it was going to be about cutting someone’s jugular or hitting it in a way to cause them to pass out. Even as I was reading the article I was thinking, “So are they going to tell me that people are carrying their money in jugs?” Or perhaps stuffing it in a bra to keep it safe? :grimacing:

3 Likes

What’s scarier? She didn’t catch it. If you make more than a couple of turns with me. We go for a drive to the Police Station or wherever the police want me to drive. That’s one security habit I follow religiously.

8 Likes

I’ve pulled into a cul de sac and backed cross sideways across the only way out. The police seemed rather interested to know who was in the BMW/Civic/Hundia/Toyota intimidating my RAM 2500. Unfortunately the vehicle in question was empty. A good time was had by all.

Cheers,

Craig6

5 Likes