Armed robbery attempt in TX, video [turns out fake news]

DISCLAIMER: The video has been identified as not matching the news.

https://www.usasupreme.com/second-amendment-saves-lives-wannabe-gangster-tries-to-rob-man-at-gunpoint-in-his-driveway-gets-big-surprise-video/

4 Likes

:neutral_face:
And this is the moment I stopped trusting 'USA Supreme" website.

This article is not telling the truth… It was posted recently, describing armed robbery from last year with completely different scenario and video.

1. This video was taken in South Africa on October 27th 2019

1. That is what actually happened on October 28, 2021 in San Antonio:

SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio Police Department is investigating a deadly shooting that happened on the South Side after a man was killed on Thursday.
Officers were called at around 1 p.m. on Oct.28., in the 200 block of Pleasanton Circle.
According to SAPD, a man in his 20s told them that an unidentified man kicked in the backdoor of his home and pulled out a gun from his waistband.
The 20-year-old man said they exchanged gunfire that is when, police say, the suspect fled in vehicle with an unidentified second suspect.

:thinking: :zipper_mouth_face: :rage:

2 Likes

Oh wow. Should I take this down, or leave as an example of fake news.

4 Likes

No, just leave it up with a disclaimer, the same thing has happened to me. :blush:
I would be a good vid for(Draw time 3 Seconds) and (How long do you wait before shooting.)

3 Likes

The perp learned two lessons the hard way; load chamber when carrying, and don’t try to rob an armed citizen. The victim was able to draw and fire before the perp was able to draw, chamber a round, and point the firearm at the victim - he did not even get a shot off.

3 Likes

Yeah, I saw this vid yesterday I think, and one of the comments asked how the car took off without a driver, and the answer was right hand steering in S. Africa. Answered the same question I had.
Never heard of the site OP posted…guess I’m lucky.

2 Likes

:point_up:

3 Likes

Yes, I was trying to figure that out, too. That does not diminish my comment about draw, chamber a round, and point by the perp being far too slow than the victim’s draw from CC and shoot about 5 rounds at the perp while the perp fled having not gotten even one shot off.

1 Like

No, not at all, but at least the perp didn’t prep the car by leaving it in gear with the idle way up :laughing:…
“Fight or flight” came to mind in this vid, and this guy misjudged his cohort as well as the intended victim imo. No honor among thieves.

That “USA supreme” site is the biggest pos on the 'net it seems, judging by my check of the link. More pop ups, cookies and an author making wildly stupid assumptions with no knowledge of the law.

3 Likes

Okay, three life lessons he will not be benefitting from… :rofl: And I don’t care in what country or state it occurred. The perp lost and the victim prevailed.

3 Likes

Yeah, he learned a lot :laughing:
Should have read the “round in the chamber” thread first

3 Likes

LOL Yes, exactly. That was my take on it, too. :rofl:

3 Likes

Can you change the topic title to Example of Fake News?

3 Likes