John Wick Movies — Guns and Tactics

I carry a #9 pencil :grinning:

4 Likes

Agreed. Still, the concept of a bullet proof suit… I kinda want one just because. :joy:

4 Likes

I want to meet you someday Karacal!
You are just too damn phunnie!
(and NO freekin’ Popcorn either! ):rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:popcorn addict!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
why wasn’t it KIT KATS! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:THAT I can wrap my brain around!
Cue the Giraffe!

3 Likes

9H or 9B? :thinking:

2 Likes

9M of course. :grinning:

5 Likes

OK. Coming back to John Wick reality…
There are two YT videos, which nicely explain how good and wrong he… or producer… was to keep everything close to reality.
Reality - means there is something we can use and learn. Watching something that is nothing we can use for defense situations may end with bad decisions and cost even life.

anyway…
GOOD:

WRONG:

3 Likes

Jerzy, you’re not supposed to show everyone the cheat sheet! :joy:

I’ll add one more that I thought of. I appreciated being shown what one DI called ‘dishing out pie.’ When dealing with multiple attackers, “Give each one of them a ‘piece of the pie’ (a bullet) first, then go back and gives whoever’s asking for it another piece.” Of course, he was referring to those dedicated attackers who are determined to keep going, not a survivor as is the case in John Wick.

4 Likes

We need the cheat sheet to properly understand this movie… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Or just a 2 liter bottle of soda!

4 Likes

(1) Human Machine Gun, Very Crazy Russian in Shooting Action, Be Careful - YouTube

I will just leave this here for your enjoyment

3 Likes

I was just blown away by the way the stunt coordinators wanted to really showcase Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Judo in a way it really hasn’t been showcased before. This is especially so of the first film.

But they are all a great deal of fun.

Addendum: the other thing to highlight is the absolute commitment of Reeves to be as good as he possibly could be in the grappling and the guns. His commitment to craft is pretty amazing.

4 Likes

Life isnt a movie, so dont kid around especially with firearms and real life situations. Learn to shoot, know your surroundings and you only get one life one chance no script. Sorry but not really…Mr. Factual.
Be safe.

2 Likes

This is an important point which seems to get lost sometimes. No matter how well or accurately some tactic or technique is portrayed on film, IT’S JUST A MOVIE. All those tricks and tactics work so well because that’s how the writer/director/producer wanted it to work out. When you’re cheering for the hero who wins out against insurmountable odds in the last reel, thank the production team. It’s John Ford who saved the ranch and got the girl. John Wayne just followed the script.

Just my $0.05 worth. (Putting on my flame-proof suit.)

4 Likes

Completely agree. In most cases the tricks and tactics in movies only work out because the writer and director want them to. In real life most of the movie and TV stuff would not work out well at all.

Though in the case of the John Wick films a lot of the tricks and tactics (but not all) are based on some real life self defense tactics and training that Keanu Reeves seemed to take pretty seriously. The scope of what he accomplishes in the film is completely unrealistic but the way he goes about doing a lot of it actually has some solid grounding in real life skills even though most people aren’t familiar with the C.A.R. method.

3 Likes

I love the Wick movies because I don’t pretend they’re perfectly accurate in terms of guns (though they did MUCH better than 99% of movies), cars, or human durability. I just enjoy this interesting alternate world and dark humor.

What i cant tolerate is Fast and Furious. They didnt even try to learn about cars.

3 Likes

I am a realist in life. As for movies, I do not care! The idea of movies is to tell you a story. The more you can get out of a movie the better but, it is a movie. Let us stroll down the road of history of movies and head to Dirty Harry shooting a 44 magnum. The most powerful gun in the world and would most likely blow your head clean off. A man just got to know his limitations and that is the morale of the story.

The thing I got from John Wick is choice of weapons for specific jobs and the fact that no one can really get by on their own without some sort of help. Just think about the support he had and was able to accomplish some of the outrageous things that he accomplished in the movie. With John Wick it shows you how important friends are.

3 Likes

Guess I should maybe think about getting some…

6 Likes

We could all use some…

That’s what I’m told.

3 Likes

Ya got my attention. Some possibly true life movies are taken from actual events, point. But that super bad ass cant get shot, dances through around and past all those gun-men and bullets everywhere, etc, etc is a don’t try that in a real life situation thing.
And the most powerful handgun is a 50 cal revolver.
Seen it with my own two eyes. I dont even dare to try to shoot that thing…L0L.

It is now but back in 1972 was a different story.