Jake Gardner's Suicide

Hey, this question is for everybody, more specifically @MikeBKY I’m sure im missing one or two details in the story… but can someone clarify how a video that to me, 100% showed self defense; was turned around to charge this man? Supposedly by telling people, “dont do that or this, because I’m carrying” was a threat? I’ll attach a video for reference. The first 5 mins are a summary of the situation.

7 Likes

This is a travesty. These activist crying for “justice” have a blood lust and want revenge, not justice. And those sworn to justice no longer seek it.

7 Likes

To many stories, to tell what really happen, they are only going to show what they want you to see.

3 Likes

It blows my mind, the mental gymnastics people have to do, to make a narrative fit into their brain. If you have to stretch reality to fit your “truth”, you’re certifiably insane, if you cant see reality for what it is.
And @Cobra this is not at you, its aimed at CNN, and how conspikuously they wrote the title.

5 Likes

Just like it says in the bible… that people will see and think Good is evil and evil good. So I think all of us good guys are up a creek.

5 Likes

Grand Jury in Nebraska will find true bill if an apple or orange is brought forth. A Criminal jury of peers would have found him not guilty. Grand Jury doe’s not deal with the presumption of innocence. It 's focus is on whatever the parade marshal puts in front of it.

3 Likes

I reject everyones reality & instill my own. My father ( a much better man than I) said “you know what’s wrong no matter how many people tell you it’s right” lefties are just nuts these days. Just makes me sad for America.

4 Likes

I would be willing to wager that the pic is photo shopped…

3 Likes

Hmmm…maybe his family should sue the state for causing the stress that caused this in the first place? I know it won’t happen but it should.

6 Likes

The only video I’ve seen is the edited version on CNN. Just judging on that alone, it looks 100% justified. Multiple attackers, he was defending his father (elderly, physically disadvantaged). The attackers were NOT dissuaded by the presence of a firearm, nor the discharge (twice) of a firearm, and only actually shooting the guy trying to choke him out (death or serious bodily injury) stopped the situation. As many people as have been beaten severely during these peaceful protests, if he goes unconscious he is utterly defenseless against a violent mob AND they would have full access to the firearm they know he has.

From the video shown (which I know CNN trimmed to be as unflattering as possible) it was 100% justified, IMO. Although I am not a legal professional :wink:

The problem is that the DA caved (as they have in several other cities) to pressure from activists who wanted an indictment. That would not have been the end of the world though, an indictment is not a guilty verdict. This would have gone to trial and a jury would most likely have found him innocent. He may perhaps have been in some trouble for smaller crimes of expired CCW.

However, compounding the issue is that he lost his job due to the incident, lost his housing (according to Pool’s podcast, not verified), and the GoFundMe to support his attorney fees got shut down. So he likely felt like the whole world was crashing down on him. I don’t know his military history, but we all know many of our veterans bring some mental demons home with them and if he was still coping there this was probably the thing that tipped him over the edge into suicide. It’s worth noting that we are still losing over 20 veterans a day to suicide.

8 Likes

It would be nice if the city, police department and special prosecutor could be sued for wrongful death…

5 Likes

That breaks my heart to see this happening everyday. I am very grateful for all the men and women that served our great country.

9 Likes

It’s a horrible story. This man lost everything before taking his own life. I can’t say enough about uscca helping those that have it. That said the only thing I see as wrong is the warning shots. That’s just me.

3 Likes

The entire situation troubles me beyond belief. Based on what I saw, it was a self defense incident. The biggest problem I am seeing now is that as soon as the crowd starts making demands, along with threats of violence, everyone caves. It is part of the current “cancel culture” and it needs to stop.

Over the last few days, there was a large group of protestors a couple mile from my home blocking a major intersection in suburban Louisville. They were beating on a persons car. That person drew a weapon but did not point it at anyone, A protestor, a convicted felon, pulled her own weapon just before the car was able to get away from the scene. The protestor, identified by video from a police helicopter, has been arrested on several charges. No charges were filed against the driver of the car.

But, the crowds protested and the driver has since lost his job and been evicted from his apartment. He did nothing wrong but is paying the price because of the fear instilled by the protestors. I my eyes, that is domestic terrorism. That is my personal opinion.

8 Likes

Mike, thank you for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. I’m glad to hear I’m not crazy in looking at this situation. Take care of you and yours out there; and thank you for all you do.

4 Likes

If that opinion becomes the opinion of all, does that opinion then become fact? After it’s been determined to be a fact of domestic terrorism, what laws prevail? Who upholds those laws?

2 Likes

I agree with you on that a 100%, domestic terrorism.

4 Likes

The only opinion that matters are the judges that hear cases as to what law was being violated and whether the state can prove each element of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt.
What I can say is that in Kentucky, there are really no laws that would prevent a person or group of people from intimidating another person or a business into bowing to their demands as long as their retribution is not itself illegal, such as bad reviews and physically or virtually protesting the business. If they make criminal threats, then they cross the line.

7 Likes