IWB Holsters for springfield xd mod 2 subcompact

Greetings everyone. Looking for IWB and OWB holster recommendations for the springfield xd 9 mod 2 subcompact. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

I had an xds-9 Mod.2, loved it! Traded in when switched to a full size 1911 (with a Springfield 911 for backup/micro carry).

I can’t recommend foxxholsters.com enough! Their IWB is much like Crossbreed’s but slightly less expensive and possibly higher quality.

I know I wound up buying a crossbreed but I don’t think foxx made the holster for the xds-9 mod.2 … they might now though.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! I see Foxx carries holsters for the xd models. Why do you like Foxx so much?

1 Like

Hey brother are you looking for leather or Kydex

Well anyways here are some kydex companies: Tulster, concealment express, Vedder, C&G and there are a lot more.

1 Like

Faster shipping and slightly cheaper than crossbreed… maybe better quality?

I’m a huge fan of the hybrid (half leather half kydex) holster for IWB. Has audible click-snug retention like a 100% Kydex but less finish wear than 100% Kydex.

The Kydex designs are cool, too… (shown: OWB hybrid holster from Foxx … matching “we the people” Kydex for the “we the people” S&W 442…

1 Like

Nice setup brother I really like it.

2 Likes

Hey there. I think leather is the move. Although I’m open to hearing other sides. I’m new to the holster game.

3 Likes

I watched a YouTube review of crossbreed. The reviewer didn’t like how the actual holster doesn’t hold to the belt. So if a person wound up in a hand to hand situation the gun could be lost.

2 Likes

You’re a fan of kydex. Why do you prefer it?

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong there’s some fancy leather out there but to me it gathers dust more than kydex which can get into your gun.

2 Likes

Link to video? I don’t understand, because it does hold to the belt… also there are a number of belt clip options, some better than others IMO…

2 Likes

If your still looking I will throw my 2 cents in. I carry my Mod 2 sc in a sticky holster for IWB carry. It holds wherever I place it and I can adjust it so it’s comfortable. Can’t do that with an uncomfortable iwb kydex holster. For own carry I love my leather holster made by Kusiak.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks for weighing in. Still evaluating. Is sticky holder the name of the brand?

2 Likes

Duly noted. Thank you for the intel.

2 Likes

I use the Alien Gear Shape Shift kit and it handles my XD MOD2 .45 excellently. I love how I can have multiple carry configurations for under $100. The backers on the IWB setups are super comfortable and require no break in. My wife will be joining me soon in carrying concealed and she’s been trying out my AG stuff and she wants to carry with AG plus some other woman-specific carry/holster options.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community Brother and you are now part of a growing family.

2 Likes

You can’t go wrong with the Alien Gear they make a kit comes with everything you need to have an iwb for an owb shape-shift is the name easily converted and a great warranty they have

2 Likes

I use that as my EDC. I use a Vedder Kydex OWB holster and a Nexbelt.

2 Likes