IWB holster Fat guy

Big boy needing some help with a holster for my Sig P226 and Ruger LCP2
I just don’t like the lack of comfort of the basic leather or nylon holsters. Especially the LCP I am scared shitless about drawing and having the trigger catch on the holster or my waistband. Suggestions?

4 Likes

I’m a big guy myself. So I understand your pain and concerns. I have a Glock 30 as my carry gun. I use the pancake style IWB and love it. I carry it at my 4:30 and it sites right where is should for me. I am a driver so I am in my truck a lot and I’m and out and no problems. I hope this helps

3 Likes

I use custom molded kydex holsters mostly. My need was driven by the firearm/light combinations I have and comfort. The shop I use molds them exactly how I want them and accommodates any requests I have made. I don’t know if kydex is the material you are wanting, but if it is, you can look for custom shops in your area. The shop I use charges around 80-85 usually to make me one. Another option is (this is going to sound dumb) Etsy. My wife ordered me a custom leather holster from a leather worker on there, and it was very nice. The wait was a couple weeks, but after a couple days break in, it was perfect.

2 Likes

The LCP 2 is a 380 which I carry comfortable in a sticky brand pocket holster. That should also work for you without a problem. You can carry the SIG in a kydex holster at 4 or 8 o’clock depending on if you are lefty or righty. Hope this helps brother. Be blessed.

2 Likes

Fellow Sasquatch sized member here. I carry my M&P 45 in a FlashBang Capone, or a 1791 4-way. I’m 6’1” and 280ish(leaning on that ish pretty hard)

2 Likes

Or just try a “Sneaky Pete” owb on your belt.

1 Like

As a guy with extended ‘girth’…
I use an Alien Gear IWB and it is fine, but I also like Cross Breed and some others. I also simply carry a belt slide with a covering shirt. Being a little heavy, I do not always tuck in shirts.

1 Like

Alien Gear hybrid IWBs are comfortable and decent quality. Just remember they’re not grab and go holsters. They’re adjustable, ride height, cant and retention. So if you go with AG, figure out where you like it then loctite the screws in place or they will loosen up on you.

1 Like

I haven’t bought a new holster yet still in that R&D phase if you will. Being 300 ish pounds and around 6 ft tall its hard to decide on a holster that’ll work for what I need to do. Majority of the time I carry is while working since I drive a cab/bus overnight and deal with all kinds of people but need to be able to carry comfortably since I am sitting most of my shift.

1 Like

Welcome to the family and you are in the right place at the right time, be blessed.

1 Like

Fellow big guy here. I find black point tacticals mini wing an ideal holster for me personally. Anything with a single clip design gives me issues and moves around. Dual clip holsters that spread out a little seem to work for me. I carry a Sig P229 for reference.

1 Like

I am not a large fellow, but Spencer Keepers has led the way not only for appendix carry, but specifically appendix carry for large folks. His site is keepersconcealment.com and if you search around on Youtube you can find several videos with him talking about the finer points of getting comfortable and effective appendix carry

1 Like

Another large fellow here, I use a Crossbreed Supertuck, IWB 3 o’clock ish (sometime a bit forward, sometimes just a bit back, but never as far as 2 or 4 o’clock).

Years of carrying with it (Ruger SR40c) and after hundreds and hundreds of reps, dryfire and live, never an issue with the trigger catching on anything.

1 Like

Get a kydex iwb and practice drawing the gun (UNLODED) and you will get comfortable. More people have ND re-holstering than drawing. Get training if your not comfortable (I don’t mean this to be condescending I just don’t know your level of training). The more you practice the more comfortable you will become.

Be safe.

3 Likes