It's the stupid stuff

A little story…my grandfather was a bullheaded Norwegian, had to have his coffee mud black. In fact a spoon had to stand and stay at attention in the middle of his cup. Every morning, yes every morning he would stir constantly for what seemed a half an hour. Stirring the mud.

Myself…. Every morning….I have to have creamer in my coffee, brewed in the Senseo brand coffee maker, as it leaves a froth on top of the coffee liquid. The mandatory creamer is hazelnut, none else. No sugar as it is sweet enough. The Senseo brews one cup at a time, takes two pods for one large cup. Now the cup has to be tall, and hold 16 to 18 oz, with a handle. No plastic, only glass or porcelain. I do not want the mug washed as sometimes it leaves a soapy taste. The mrs likes to sneak it away and wash it, and I will give her the benefit of the doubt. Laugh at me if you like, however the coffee frolic is the probably the only analness I have. The balance, is easy going. My mrs has about the same anal coffee frolic, but a different creamer. She has to have whipped cream on top of her froth. Large mug. If we are not at home, and have breakfast elsewhere, I bring my own hazelnut creamer., Sometimes my own favorite mug. Is this all stupid??? Yup.

3 Likes

We like what we like and that’s ok

2 Likes

This has got to be the best post I’ve ever seen! Coffee is virtually my favorite food/beverage in the world. I use a Keurig for a quick cup with maybe 25% 1/2&1/2. But my go to, maybe 3-4 times a day is the Breville Latte/Espresso machine!

I 100% understand what your saying about non plastic mugs. I HATE metal as well. It can be hard to find a travel mug that is not either of these but the wife came through for Christmas with a cool Dr. Who ceramic travel mug.

I’m heading out of here in a few minutes, they just opened a brand new coffee house in town!

3 Likes

Crazy glue/ super glue… always out or hardened when I need it. Switched to gorilla glue and will see how it holds up in the junk drawer!

1 Like

Fiz….come on dude, you gotta take me and the mrs along for the new coffee shop!!!

1 Like

welcome racerx!

1 Like

It’s the first one in the town and even though I can make great stuff at home I will wholly support them.

There’s no Starbugs here.

1 Like

We have starbugs all over Idaho and salt lake. Prefer the small home, mom and pop shops!!! Once in a while, and I am bad, just once in a while, when I take the daughter to starbugs, I open carry. Pocatello is a big gun town. Enjoy your trip out!!! Have a coffee on us!!!

1 Like

Starbugs has great coffee for sure. I really have no choice to hit them when we take a road trip. but of course not even close to be politically aligned with them.

1 Like

Sounds about right, 1st aide a gunshot yes simple cut nope.

1 Like

Electrical tape is the electricians bandage of choice. I’ve used electrical tape when I had plenty of band aids. It was a choice and yes… I’m an electrician.

4 Likes

I have three first aid kits and one trauma kit compliments of some of our friends[Thank you @Dawn & @Zee]!

I have the first aid kits strategically set around the house but the trauma goes where I go. [To-go bag] but I once was in your state. Advice: Go to the dollar store and buy not one but two [The third for me was over kill].

It would not hurt to get a trauma kit.

“You are more likely to use a trauma kit than have a self-defense incident in your lifetime.” [Dawn, 2019]

2 Likes

Both my kids were winter babies. My daughter, the oldest in March and my son in December. When my wife got pregnant, I added an OB kit to my first aid supplies. Louisville is not known for having a lot of bad winter weather but even snow flurries here cause wrecks like crazy. When i told my wife what I got her she went ballistic. Probably not a good idea to tell an expectant mother, having her first child, starting her third trimester, that they taught me how to deliver a baby and I got all the tools I need to deliver it at home or even in the truck if we get stuck. She asked me how I learned to deliver a baby and I told her, we watched a video! She wasn’t pleased. I was then advised that she didn’t care if the kids head was hanging out, your going to get me to the hospital.
When she was pregnant with my son, I told her I still had the OB kit. I won’t say where she told me to put it, but it wasn’t very ladylike.
The OB kit never got used for delivering a baby but there were other supplies that came in handy over the years.

6 Likes

@MikeBKY I to this day refuse to get into an elevator or an ambulance with a pregnant woman. The first time was at Naval Hospital Oakland (now closed) I got in on the first floor staff elevator and a very pregnant lady was going to the L&D floor (5th) I was getting off on the 4th for the Main OR. We got stuck on the 3rd. Me a transport tech and Mom. 15 minutes later Mom starts wiggling around. 30 minutes later I’m cutting the umbilical cord with a pocket knife and tying it off with a strip of a sheet. The next time I was “catching a ride” back to Portsmouth Naval Hospital, Ambu driver, Right seater, Mom and me. We hit the down town tunnel and came to a complete stop at the very bottom. 4 car pile up at the exit of the tunnel. No radio comms and I’m the only one ever to deliver a baby. Mom got claustrophobia and here comes junior, feet first. to this day I know more about the insides of that woman than I do about any other woman on the planet because I had to massage things to get the head out. When the state troopers popped the doors and asked if everything was OK I’m sitting with junior “Nope, were good now but Mom and I could use a drink.” No more babies.

Cheers,

Craig6

8 Likes

@Fizbin @SKIdaho I have my own favorite mugs, I do love Death Wish Coffee as well as a local roaster. And Beer. My local brew pub had our names engraved on mugs for mug club members. After each year you get to bring your mug home and if you re-join, you get a new mug for the next year. So, the first time I joined the club I got mug 10. I’m a perfect 10 right??? As long as you renew, you keep your number. So the 2nd year we had clay mugs and my kids wrote 10.9 on the bottom. 10.9 is the highest you can get in an air rifle score when using decimals. It’s only funny to a few…

The 3rd year I talked them into engraving 10.9 on the bottom, the name on the side was included. Since the pandemic hit I got to use my new mug 1 time and they didn’t have a chance to engrave them.

I also have a red insulated my from my gun club (they don’t sell them anymore) and a different brewery makes a “Morning Timber” beer (most excellent Imperial Breakfast Stout, Bourbon Barrel Aged). My wife got me the mug last year.

I answer when people call me Sneezy. If they call me Kevin…it can take someone else nudging me to get my attention.

True story - I was at the gun club and the Treasurer was yelling Kevin… Never heard hear as I was talking to someone else. Another person said “Hey Sneezy, Carmen has been trying to get your attention”. Of course my response was “why didn’t she use my name?”

Yeah, everyone learned real fast I don’t respond to Kevin…

My wife and I did an art weekend (all expenses paid… another story). We had a poker night and I heard all the way across the ballroom some say “Hey, where’s Sneezy?” I just raised my hand and yelled “HERE”.

It’s all about focus and what you do and don’t want to hear!

So here are my favorite mugs!

5 Likes

WOW! You definitely have weird luck, @Craig6! :baby:

4 Likes

I wear progressive prescription sunglasses. You learn to keep track of them at $600 a pop.

4 Likes

I delivered one baby, and was there for the birth of my daughter. That’s all I want to see of the end result of the baby process.

3 Likes

Since I posted about my sunglasses about a week ago, I have lost or broken every pair I have, @Glenn15. I must have jinxed myself! LOL! I never break them usually, just lose them.

I’ll do what I can to avoid expensive glasses at this point! :dark_sunglasses:

3 Likes

I buy lanyards to hang my cheap sunglasses from. Eventually I find them.

3 Likes