It's the little things

:smiley: Everyone’s getting all introspective on a lazy Sunday morning :smiley:

1 Like

:joy: :joy:
That’s what I’m doing to fight off my fear :wink:

I end up forgetting what it was I ordered since I order a variety of things and they all come in at different times. It is like Christmas or a Birthday opening packages. 5000 .45 bullets weigh a lot!

3 Likes

…it takes three men and a boy to drag that into the house. :rofl:

3 Likes

Was talking to my wife about that just yesterday evening. We were sitting on the porch as it got dark, listening to the cicadas (locusts for us Southerners) buzzing, I was having a glass of scotch and a cigar, she a glass of wine. Sitting their talking and just enjoying each other’s company (my wife is my best friend). With all the craziness going on in the world, been thinking a lot about how much simpler life was as a kid growing up on a farm in south Mississippi. Things like walking down a dirt country road, or sitting on the porch talking together as a family instead of being inside vegging out on the TV, no cell phones or internet to constantly keep you distracted. How I long for those days.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family @Wendell4, glad to have you with us!
I grew up way out in the sticks as well. I know how you feel! My wife and I started taking weekend trips, or relax on the porch with no technology (aside from the fan) to get away from all the crazy. It’s been nice to just do nothing. I have a lot to catch up on when I get back, but the peace is well worth it.

1 Like

Yup…during the summer us kids would leave at sun up, and wouldn’t return until sundown. Out riding bikes, playing football/baseball w/ friends, fishing…chasing snakes, climbing trees and shooting each other with home-made bows and arrows. Not the safest and honestly surprised I survived childhood; but things were so much simpler and enjoyable…minus the tetanus shots. :rofl: :+1:

4 Likes

Same feeling I got teaching new soldiers fresh out of basic training. Something about passing on first hand knowledge of a BFV , TOW 2, wind-age adjustment to an M-21, etc. and seeing the look of ‘oh man this is awesome’ on their faces…these are all fond memories that I will hold dear to me until it’s time to go.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories with me!

The true joy of helping others get what they want is a wonderful experience. Glad you’re doing it. Both of you will always remember the time together and what you accomplished.

I helped both my kids buy cars that needed some work, and we really had fun fixing things on them. I think they learned some life lessons, and some memories.

WCB

3 Likes

I was down in Anniston, AL at the SF base doing a demo of some optics for them when a couple of helo pilots who were working with another SF team rolled up. We had all the cool toys out on the ground and we had been zeroing all morning so we had dope on every target on the range. They were milling around asking questions and being polite so naturally “You want to shoot it?”
BIG Eyes “Can I?”
“Sure, see that white rectangle waaayyy down yonder by the telephone poles?”
“Yes.”
“That’s your target, let me show y’all how this works.”
So I gave the bunch of them the run down on the rifle and the round and the optic, It was the last target I shot so it was dead nutz on. I got the pilot down in position kicked his feet around until he was straight and had him crawl into the rifle. “Holy crap I can see my heart beat in the scope!”
“Yep, but do the crosshairs come off the plate?”
“No.”
“Good deal, I’m going to say “Send it” and I want you to press the trigger when your heart is not beating.”
“K”
"Stand by…Send it.
BANG… … … … … … DING!!!
The look on that man’s face was that of a 5 y/o boy that got the Christmas present that he knew he wasn’t going to get. He made a cold body shot at 627 yards which for the rifle was not a stretch and the wind was down so it was easy as long as he didn’t pull it and he didn’t. The half dozen of them all made hits and when they finally left every one of them had that look. That was a good day. Of course for the SF sniper guys we set the scopes to zero and said “Figure it out.” :rofl: :rofl: :innocent:

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

I have fish tanks all over my house. For years and years I have owned a lot of fish. The other day I sat down for a moment looked up and seen one of the fish tanks and thought awww so calming… Oh yeah that’s why I have them around. But with Daily stress, politics, job and everything else going on around me. I forgot.

Yesterday I was watching my kids play a game together. I said awww so calming. Oh yeah that’s why I have them around… lol

Then they started screaming and yelling at each other.
,:no_mouth::no_mouth::no_mouth:

3 Likes

I like to get on my mountian bike early & ride through the trails . Clears my head & gets my blood pumping

1 Like