Is the PHLster Enigma Good for EDC?

Hi all!

I’m considering using the PHLster Enigma with the Floodlight 2 (light-bearing holster) for my EDC setup, but I’d love your opinion! I’m deciding between a CZ p10c, HK VP9, or Walther PDP compact with a TLR-1 weapon light as my first handgun. I’ll be going to a range soon to try each one out.

Sometimes, I will need deep concealment, so the Enigma seems like the best thing out there after you slap on a claw/wing and wedge, even though I want a slightly larger compact pistol instead of a sub- or micro-compact. The Enigma also seems excellent for comfort. It gets great reviews for almost covert concealment and for being comfortable. At times when I don’t need deep concealment, I plan to use a light-bearing tuckable AIWB holster with UltiClips, claw/wing, and wedge. Thoughts, comments, questions, or better alternatives? Have you used it, or do you know someone who has? How did it go? Thanks!

P.S. This is my first post. I didn’t know the USCCA website had a forum. This is dope!

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @Alexander63 all three are good choices. @Craig_AR i believe has the Enigma holster.

3 Likes

Welcome

3 Likes

Welcome aboard!

I don’t have one, never used one, and while I am rarely on reddit these days, historically the folks there are really big on the enigma so it can’t be bad

1 Like

Yes, I have had an Enigma for over a year, and think it is great. On most days, when I can wear belt and untucked shirt, I use a Henry Holster AIWB with snap loops, However when I am in loose exercise togs or more formal business wear with tucked shirt I use the Enigma. It is so much better than any belly band, even the better ones that use an attached Kydex holster.
As far as gun size, I carry a S&W compact with red dot mounted, not a lttle sub compact or micro. With careful set up and positioning, you could use it with a full size pistol, too.
If you go with Enigma, be sure to watch the series of videos on the PHLster site on how to assemble and adjust it for fit, comfort, and concealment.

7 Likes

Welcome aboard. Before buying a concealed weapon try the three out you mentioned. If you like one of them and it feels comfortable to you then decide to buy it. Id even try a couple more pistols as well. Canik SC, Sig Sauer P365 380, Sig P365, Sig P365XL, Glock 43x and an FN 509…multiple sizes. Use the one that feels the best in your hand when you shoot it. The one you feel the most confortable with and will carry on an every day basis.

2 Likes

Yes, that is definitely my plan. I’ve shot glocks and sigs and the ruger lcp and don’t like the way they feel in my hand. If I don’t end up liking the three options I listed, I’ll go with a shield plus PC because I shot well with that.

2 Likes

Then you will more than likely like the Walther PDP.

2 Likes

I hope so because it looks badass :rofl: But in all seriousness, I think I will like the trigger on it quite a bit based on all the reviews I’ve seen. I’m kind of hoping I like the CZ because it’s the cheapest, but I know HK and Walther have very well made pistols.

1 Like

I just got the Enigma and for conceal it will be my go-to with a micro. My first two guns are Hellcat and VP9. The Hellcat is with the enigma for conceal. I just got it and haven’t really used it yet but I set it up, fitted, and I can just tell. I don’t think off want to put the VP9 in it. I wouldn’t want to use, the full size anyway, VP9 for conceal. That’s just me. The Hellcat is what I will carry.

1 Like