Recommendations for AIWB holster?

I’m looking for a holster to appendix carry my S&W M&P 9 2.0 compact. Looking at the Crossbreed Reckoning (cause they are on sale currently), but wanted to know if anyone has other holsters that would work better. Looking for something comfortable and low profile. Probably will not use an attached mag pouch ( would rather carry spare mag on left side or in pocket) Thanks!

1 Like

There have been few threads about AIWB already. But I am happy to write it one more time…
Tier 1 Concealed AXIS Elite
A 2021-07-17 10-47-59

Best, expensive, but worth every penny.
Mine has “T1C EZ Clips” and it is super adjustable.
I’m using it with M&P9 4.25", so it will be even better for you with Compact pistol.
You can simply detach mag pouch and use it on hip.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve been using a 1791 4way leather holster, feels better to me than the plastic stuff

2 Likes

I have the both Reckoning and LDS 2.0 from Crossbreed for my Sig P365. Very comfortable while driving in AIWB configuration with attached mag holder. Have also used it at 4:30 IWB with mag carrier IWB separated forward of the opposite hip. For me the mag carrier was better in AIWB. The beauty of this package is that you can convert to OWB as well.
BTW: buy the mag carrier included variant to save a few bucks if you were going to add it and use the USCCA members code as well.

2 Likes
2 Likes

How is the comfort level for EDC, especially when sitting / driving? I was a bit concerned about the kydex backing. I’m not the most slender guy (5’9”, 195), which was why I thought leather/ hybrid holsters may work better.

1 Like

I have an M6 AIWB made by Werkz. I prefer AIWB carry but to be honest, I don’t find it to be a “comfortable” EDC option. But, as the old saying goes, carrying a firearm for defense isn’t necessarily as comfortable as it is comforting.

1 Like

True. Everything is a trade off. I like to pocket carry, especially in the Summer. Bought the M&P 9 compact for a “winter carry” gun, and for training / skills improvement. Still relatively new to concealed carry, and learning. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

I’m 5’09" and 185lb (most of the time :wink:).
Of course, AIWB holster ALWAYS comes with some movement limitation, but this one actually doesn’t bother me while sitting. I found it a little uncomfortably when trying to grab something from the ground.

Like I mentioned, you can adjust the height with the clips and find the best spot.
If your Compact pistol has 3.6" barrel, you don’t need to worry about anything.

This is the video that convinced me to buy Tier 1 Concealed.
Axis Elite was chosen based on recommendations (at this Community as well).

2 Likes

As well as Tier 1, I would also encourage you to take a look at Dark Star Gear, Tenicor & Phlster. Yes, they’re all pricey but they are so for a reason.

3 Likes

Hey Patrick, take a look at the Mission First Tactical Minimalist AIWB. I use it with my Taurus. Super comfortable, guards the trigger well.

2 Likes

I’m fond of Alien Gear. I haven’t found anything more comfortable but it’s not the only holster I wear AIWB. Somethings I want something small and easy to take in and out and Alien Gear and others like them are big and cumbersome. A single clip holster made out of thin Kydex is the anytime answer and any shap edges get a quick touch up with fine sandpaper.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of the Incog holsters by Haley Strategic and G code. I have been using them for my Glock 19 and 43x for years and have never had any issues.
https://haleystrategic.com/shop/hard-goods/handgun-accessories/incog-iwb-eclipse-holster-glock-43

1 Like

I also carry the M&P 9c and I use the Tier 1 Concealed Axis. It is very low profile and I know the gun is secure. Most similar brands though will be safe and reliable.

I personally don’t like hybrid holsters. As the leather wears out, the retention can loosen and I don’t like that. I prefer a full Kydex holster.

2 Likes

I’m 5’ 11’’ 230 and I can drive for hours and sit all day at work with it in the 12 o’clock position.

3 Likes