EDC Accessory Atreamlight/Laser Combo

Hello, I am considering picking up a Streamlight/Laser for my edc. Is it worth getting one for my EDC and does it slow down or hinder reaction time should I ever have to pull it? Are there things I need to consider before getting one? Thank you

5 Likes

Welcome to the family @Michael535 and God Bless you. I have a Stream light TLR6 on my M&P 9 Shield and it goes mounted on the trigger guard. It is a Laser and light combo. I love it. It does not any weight to the gun at all. BTW what gun do you EDC?

4 Likes

Hi @Johnnyq60 thank you for responding. I have the Smith & Wesson Shield 2.0. Would you recommend a particular holster brand?

3 Likes

@Michael535 I use several Kydex brands and all are popular and comfortable for me. Do you like to carry IWB or OWB ? These are some I can recommend. I own a few of each. What is important is that they feel comfortable to you. All on the list are good old American made.

1. We The People
  2. Tulster
  3. Concealment Express
  4. Alien Gear
  5. C & G
5 Likes

@Johnnyq60 I like to carry outside of OWB. I will need to get a new holster after I get the light. I also have a waist carry bag, but need something better. Also looking into a shoulder carry bag as well.

3 Likes

@Michael535 welcome to the group. Iā€™ve got a Shield as well with a TLR6 non laser that resides in a On Your Six holster. Iā€™m very happy with this combo, the holster is extremely comfortable and is shipped with clips for various belt sizes.

4 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

@Michael535,
If you are a member of the USCCA they have some conceal carry bags you may like.

3 Likes

I chatted with Megan @ USCCA the other morning and Gun Toten Mamas has a menā€™s section with some nice leather CC bags.

4 Likes

Pistol mounted laser for EDC? IMO, no.

Iā€™ve gone to a fair number of training classes, some with major nationally known been there done that trainers, gone though police department firearms training, been to competitions, read the books, watched the videos, etc.

Carry lasers are very uncommon amongst those who are good at this. You arenā€™t likely to see them at most competitions or being used or recommended by the professionals.

They also require a different, less consistent, method of aiming vs all of the other ā€˜top of the gunā€™ methods so you necessarily lose consistency with 'everything else in addition to I just donā€™t find them very good overall. In smoke or dust conditions they are a two way thing, they rely on batteries and there is no immediate iron sight backup as there is with dots, they are limited by distance and by ambient light brightness (potentially), etc.

If you want one, pick a few self defense relevant drills, set up your targets and shot timers, and after practice with all of the options, time yourself with irons, with a red dot, and with a laser, and consider those numbers when making your decision

5 Likes

If you like OWB you might want to check out ā€œSneaky Peteā€ holsters.

5 Likes

Idk about you guys, but the TLR-6 laser in my G43 doesnā€™t keep zero, and the light is only 100 lumensā€¦. What good is that going to do ya?

Go pick up a TLR-7 Sub, 500 lumen light on a subcompact gun. Idk if there is a TLR-8 sub but Iā€™d check it out.

4 Likes

@Michael535 , welcome to the family my brother, we are so glad you have joined us and I know there has been a lot of info shared and a lot more to come, one of the things I love so about this USCCA family. I have meet so wonderful peoples on here and have appreciated the information shared, take in all information share and you decide what works for you brother. Stay blessed and safe always.

3 Likes

I have a couple of these and it is my EDC only thing is I use a wheelchair for mobility but, I really like them

3 Likes

I would think attaching a Sneaky Pere to a wheelchair would be fairly straightforward.

3 Likes

yes I can and do attach it at times when Iā€™m wearing shorts or sweatpants. but, mostly Iā€™ll wear it @ 1 oā€™clock on my belt. it feels pretty good wearing it like that and plus I have positive control of the gun

3 Likes

I have a TLR-8 on my bed side gun. It has the red aiming laser and a 500 lumen white light. It holds zero perfectly. I highly recommend the TLR-8. Since I bought mine, they now offer the TLR-8G, which has a green laser. It is a bit more money but the green laser is superior in my opinion.

5 Likes