Is smaller better

First let me welcome you here. Secondly I consider the hellcat my primary carry and I own two of them both optic ready and equipped. If this helps you I have over a thousand rounds on one of them without a malfunction and just over 500 rounds on the other without a malfunction. They’re great little guns. Before you buy one go to a range that will rent them. They can be a little snappy with the recoil depending on the load you choose to shoot. It’s manageable and not painful but you have to learn to control it to get back on your second shot quickly.

To answer a question posed earlier in this thread: if I’m leaving the house I have a hellcat with me. Or at least if clothing demands a sig Sauer 238 and a pocket holster.

6 Likes

It sure is with shorts & a T-shirt when its triple digit heat in South Texas. I have a Ruger LC9s for pocket carry & three compact but larger for IWB. Occasionally in the Winter I will carry a full size pistol if my clothes allow it. My EDC is a Walther CCP

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! We are glad to have you with us :sunglasses:

4 Likes

My wife wants to carry a Colt Python in her purse lol

6 Likes

I had to go back and look for myself, I’ll be dam she does have a neck. :astonished: :man_in_motorized_wheelchair:

2 Likes

I guess the next thing you will tell me is there is a face in that picture, too. :rofl: I was most concerned about her fingers being on the triggers of her guns to look elsewhere… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

NNNNNOOooooo, OMG Please Not Another “Irresponsible Finger on the Trigger in the picture” thread. I must have been a bad man in my previous life… :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I gather you missed my humor, I did not realize it was that subtle.

1 Like

No, I got it. We’ve just seen Zealots take that and run a marathon with it…

1 Like

I still have yet to see the handguns you talk about. :grin: :+1: :man_in_motorized_wheelchair:

2 Likes

In my CCW classes in a summer beach town I’d always have a lot of folks debate me on the size gun they could carry while wearing beach wear. On purpose I’d do the class dressed in Columbia shorts and a light t-shirt one size bigger than what I normally wear but not baggy at all

I would do 4 hours in front of them and when the topic of concealment would come up the “size matters with summer clothes” opinions would of course come up.

So at that point I would ask the group, am I carrying right now? If you know I am raise your hand.

Most folks would. Then I’d ask, did you say yes because I’m the instructor and you assume I have a gun on me, be honest. So if that’s the case lower your hands. Everyone but one or two people usually would lower their hands.

I would then lift my t-shirt and pull a full size Glock 17 and two spare mags off my waist from a Kydex AIWB rig. That would normally settle the discussion.

Like I said, decide what you want to carry, then figure out how you’re going to carry. And I’m not trying to be contentious to you. I do get the issue of comfort and I don’t normally carry a full size 17 when I have Columbia shorts, t-shirt and flip flops on. But I certainly can…

6 Likes

You’re talking about firearms, right?

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sure, let’s go with that :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure you meant Chick-fil-A, when people fight over a chicken sandwich. :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

That’s what I do. I carry a Glock 41 and I dress around it. I always check in mirror and then I have my wife check. Haven’t had anyone notice yet.

Edit: added wife.

6 Likes

Or at least say anything.

3 Likes

Yeah, I actually had to look again to figure out an excuse about the neck and face comments. :rofl:

2 Likes

When I began CC, and later when I began carrying my Beretta PX4 .45 (similar in size to the 92, but poly frame), I would ask my wife if she could tell. She could not. If she can’t tell, I doubt any, or very few, would be able to tell. As @Enzo_T stated, clothes and method of carry matter. For me, I actually did not need to change the style of clothing, I always liked Hawiian shirts, they make great cover garments for Summer wear. In Winter, I wear long shirts. I carry OWB. In the beginning I carried AIWB. Unfortunately, I literally grew out of that method of carry. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Similar story here. I have had and still do have the wife (or kids check).

I also had a conversation once with a friend who knows I carry. I carried around her on a very frequent basis for four years or more. She knew I carried, but could never tell where or how. I usually carry a Glock 19. If not that, then a Shield 9mm.

On another note, we had someone approach us where I work wanting to sell us artificial intelligence stuff for our security cameras. Apparently they have algorithms that are supposed to be able to tell if someone is carrying a gun. I have no idea how they work since I didn’t have the conversation.

3 Likes

my question is how do you carry concealed if you live in a nudest colony
asking for a friend of course :rofl: :man_in_motorized_wheelchair:

3 Likes