Is smaller better

I do not live in one, but I have heard of methods of concealment used by prisoners. One that made the news that I remember was a prisoner that carried in a fold of fat in his abdomen. It was not discovered when he was searched before being imprisoned. It was discovered after another prisoner informed on him. Use that information as you may. It is not personal, nor legal advice. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Just donā€™t eat chili beforehand. :rofl:

2 Likes

Were you wearing a belt?

I just stumbled across this while watching Akita dog videos. I like the idea.

Always! Itā€™s nearly impossible to keep a gun in place if you donā€™t wear a belt designed for the purpose. Leather belts never stay in place and you end up tightening them so hard it feels like you cut yourself in half.

Iā€™m particularly fond of Kore and that is my go to belt. I have several very serious mentors that highly recommended this belt to me. Truly battle tested.

Easier on the budget and almost as good is the 511 reversible double layer TDU belt. BTW itā€™s on sale today for $18.95 and thatā€™s a great deal for a belt that will literally last you the rest of your life. I have yet to wear out mine and trust me Iā€™ve tried HARD to kill this thingā€¦

41Fyd5P9H-L.AC

When Iā€™m in a bathing suit or sweatpants and a belt is not an option I carry using a waist pack by Maxpedition and a Kydex trigger guard on the gun. I modified the zipper pull for easy access to the main compartment and practice that draw A LOT! Iā€™ll try to post a picture later today.

7 Likes

I have started to like the core belts here lately. I like how they can be adjusted if you eat to much. :man_in_motorized_wheelchair:

6 Likes

Iā€™m looking at Koreā€™s website; are these ratchet-style belts? Thatā€™s my preference.

Iā€™m not unhappy with any of the belts I currently use, but Iā€™ve seen Kore recommended by folks here several times. Iā€™m willing to give them a try, Iā€™m just not sure what Iā€™m looking at.

5 Likes

Ratchet style belt is a difference makerā—ļø

4 Likes

I highly recommend First Tacticalā€™s ā€œTactical Belt.ā€ The 1.75" model will set you back $50, but the belt is well worth it. If you can get by with more of an everyday belt, their Range Belt (both 1.5" and 1.75") are on sale right now for $17.

4 Likes

All else being equal, I prefer tactical style belts. I just find them more comfortable and more versatile. That said, I donā€™t like wearing ā€œtacti-coolā€ gear that screams ā€œLook at me!ā€ So if it looks like a rigger belt, itā€™s probably not something I want to wear for EDC.

Gosh, this started off as a discussion of firearm size, and somehow we started geeking out about belts. :rofl:

4 Likes

There was a story a long time ago, I believe in the USCCA magazine. A guy was working personal protection for a family that went to a nudist colony. He attached a holster to a towel and folded the towel to cover the holster/gun then carried the towel around.

Where thereā€™s a will thereā€™s a way.

3 Likes

Iā€™m wearing a Kore belt now and itā€™s great.

3 Likes

By ā€˜gun,ā€™ you mean his firearm?
Also, how do I get a job running security at a nude beach?

3 Likes

I know right!
you beat me to the same question but with my luck it would probably be security for some big (overweight) nude people :grimacing: :grimacing:

3 Likes

I donā€™t want to admit how I know this, but many nudist clubs have a reputation of being full of old, overweight people. Young adults just run around naked in their college dorms; and middle age, healthy adults are too busy working and raising their kids.
Luckily for me, Iā€™m rather past the point where I care how old a woman is. :rofl:

4 Likes

I donā€™t know if their system actually constitutes a ratchet type, but I know they are the easiest to use and adjust Iā€™ve found. Kore adjusts in 1/4" increments so you can get a perfect fit even if you go up or down a few pounds, or are just wearing heavier/lighter seasonal clothing. They also are easy to adjust while sitting so if youā€™re on a chair for a while and feel the need to loosen the belt a little you can actually do it inconspicuously and re-tighten in a second when you stand up.

They are so well built they are a true lifetime investment. One of my favorite instructors that I work with has 25 yrs in Military, ARMY Infantry and Special Ops, a true trigger puller and he was the one who turned me on to Kore. The word he used in introducing Kore to me was ā€œlife changingā€. I had to take it seriously and he was right. When he does training he has a bunch of Kore belts available for lending to students that show up with poor equipment. That way they donā€™t slow anyone down battling a poor draw throughout the class. Iā€™ve seen just about all of these folks order the belts online on their first break.

6 Likes

OK you all have me interested in checking out a Kore belt now. I have one concern though. Being a lefty, when carrying AIWB I put my belt on upside down so the buckle and overlapping strap go to the right instead of left to keep them away from the holster to print less. Does anyone think the little ratchet lever sticks up enough for my extra inch or two of belly to activate it or be irritated by it?

6 Likes

Left handed also my friend and where those type of belts. Never had an issue

4 Likes

I just got a nexbelt.com from the USCC store. It is a ratchet belt and so far I love it

3 Likes