Is it worth it being an NRA member?

the thing that makes me heavily dislike the NRA is actually not too different from my issue with a lot of Org’s… and something the USCCA seems extra careful to avoid: issuing support or protest for issues outside of firearms, concealed carry, weapons…
Their “cause” is guns. I wish they would quit making statements about outside, unrelated issues. Quit alienating the LGBTQQIA+ community, etc. They can be our best allies and teach us some stuff that many of my colleagues have forgotten: respect (not necessarily agreement) for individuals and differing ideas.

1 Like

I suggest that everyone join the NRA BUT also join GOA! GOA has been doing some good stuff legally! Life member NRA and just started my life member GOA payments… IMHO worth every penny!

When you’re offered a life membership in a good organization it can be a extremely good idea to jump on it!

The NRA is currently having issues… but thinkin that wont always be the case.

Also a life member of DAV and American legion… etc…

3 Likes

I am a life member and helped the NRA deliver Spanish language clarifications, was asked to debate liberals on national Spanish language TV and donates thousands of dollars. I paid for my suits and travel and my company didn’t try to buy me a house. It bothers me the same people are elected over and over for the board of directors which explains the abuses. Jefferson said diapers and politicians must be changed frequently and for the same reason and the same applies to directors and Executive Vice Presidents. I won’t even read their weekly requests for money. It goes from the mailbox to the trash can. I started my own company, worked hard and grew to more than 2000 employees and $145 million in revenues, but never paid myself $1.5 million or paid other officers $1 million. Is our money, our contributions and instead of paying exorbitant salaries with equally exorbitant retirement benefits, they could use our money to create programs and get 2nd amendment supporters elected. The NRA won’t even respond to members inquiries although the regulations say they have to. Time to clean house and change the diapers

4 Likes

Absolutely!
Vote 'em out.
Don’t lend credibility to the anti 2A crowd though.
They want to destroy the NRA
All the NRA membership needs to do is vote the rascals out and this issue can go away.
We need a united NRA to counter the textbook Alinsky tactic, which is to foster division.

4 Likes

I know this was posted a while ago, but I’m here less than a month, so it’s a new post to me. Is the USCCA magazine sent in a hard copy? I didn’t get July but have been reading it in th app. Maybe I’m to new to be on a mailing list yet, but I’m curious.

2 Likes

I think the magazine is quarterly. It took a minute for mine to arrive, but it’s pretty good! :smiley:

3 Likes

Life Member , just saying.

3 Likes

Newly re-membered. Strength in numbers.

2 Likes

New guy first post. I haven’t been part of ANY social media in the past 4 years. This is my first online interaction, I’d just like to add that I didn’t renew my membership with the nra, it’s been two years just about. I was thinking about picking it back up soon. The economic stimulus, its my excuse. I think Wayne’s days are numbered. Hopefully the next in line for top dog is a younger, more attached to the ground individual less politically motivated and more motivated to restoring lost and inalienable rights as well as constitutional support. Worth it? I think the big picture says yes.

5 Likes

@Andrew818 - welcome to the community!

4 Likes

If for any reason the wealth of physical training you can receive from being an NRA instructor.

2 Likes

I’m an annual member, and have been for nearly 50 years. DITTO on the snail mail stuff. I no sooner send in a donation and I receive a giant request for more. Pisses me off, cause it happens every time.

2 Likes

I received not funny “notice” today… Notice bigger than NRA logo… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Thank you NRA for pissing off my whole Family… it took us few extra minutes to find out :poop: inside… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

PXL_20210112_025955221

1 Like

I personally hate that tactic as well…
But on the current trajectory and at the current velocity…hmm

Thank goodness you have GOA and others to trust with your money.

4 Likes

Can you name any other 2A rights support group that the left hates so much? They are doing many things good for us by that fact alone.

3 Likes

Just picked the Bankrupcty news on them yesterday. Reorganizing Texas. Probably part of the lawsuit with NYC. Wayne should step down. Not that he would do it but Pete Brownell was the Pres at one time. He may be a good choice fro reorganization. Im sure there are few out there that can do it. GOA,VCDL,FPC and a few others have stepped in and are doing a good job

2 Likes

Because they use the wrong color red? Just as the People’s Republic of China claims it is a Republic, the NRA claims it is pro-2A. The president of the NRA, at the time they supported the 1934 NFA, stated that he did not believe in private ownership of handguns. They have since that 1934 act, supported every other major anti-firearm legislation, up to and including the recent “bump stock” ban and “certain” red flag laws.

2 Likes

Yep I didnt recieve anything like that. But it would have ramped us up here also

Very interesting conversation. Just goes to prove that compromise results in the furthering of the left’s anti gun movement. Very sad that the NRA values their officers too much, I thought lifetime membership gave voting rights. Too bad lifetime members are just blanket voting and not demanding more from the board of directors. They have had some great spokespersons, Colion Noir and Dana Loesch come to mind. The NRA needs to transform from a swamp creature to something better.

Which, like every change, can really only happen from the inside.

3 Likes