Got it! My free NRA bag

So, my free gift for joining the NRA came today. Not impressively high quality but that’s to be expected. Still, it’s made of nylon, the stitching seems solid enough, and the zippers seem to work. It’s about the size of a small gym duffle bag. Okay I can get some use out if it. After all it’s membership numbers and the lobbying effort that’s important to defending our American 2A rights! While checking the zippers the “Made in China” tag jumped right out at me. REALLY NRA? Made in China? How about buy American. So disappointed. :grimacing:

8 Likes

No so easy - products like that are hardly made in America any more. It’s going to take a lot of tax and regulatory reform to bring that kind of industry back on shore.

8 Likes

It’s like when I use to watch Fox News late night shows…hammering China and every product advertised on their show was made in China!

5 Likes

Yes, even USCCA is part of that problem. As to the NRA protecting our rights… I am a Life Member, and an NRA-certified pistol instructor, and I feel their training side is good, but the political activism leaves a very sour, and unpleasant, note in my mouth. They wrote the 1934 NFA, which the then-president stated he did not believe in the ownership of handguns, supported the 1938 FFA, supported the 1968 GCA, and the 1986 automatic weapons ban, and the 1994 “assault” weapons ban. Then they backed the recent “bump” stock ban and “certain” red flag laws. I will stop here, so as to not get political, and p-ss-off Dawn, and members that do not share my Conservative political leaning.

5 Likes

I’ve been using my cheesy NRA bag for my ammo, hearing protection, towels & water for years at the range. My pistols are in nice hardshell cases

5 Likes

Be respectful in your conversation - no matter what the view - and you’re OK (unless your view includes hate speech).

1 Like

I try… but this time I was just being facetious.

1 Like

Yeah sad to say you never get everything your own way, some things just can’t be had & sometimes it is what it is…

1 Like

Not trying to get it “my way”, only stating that the NRA isn’t fully compliant with the ideal they tout, nor in accord with the RKBA as protected by the 2A. Additionally, as I previously have stated, they have actively worked to limit the RKBA, as shown by their actions in the passage of the most heinous laws passed against our RKBA (1934 NFA, 1939 FFA, 1968 GCA, 1986 FOPA, 1994 AWB, and the current “bump” stock ban).

3 Likes

Yeah I get it. No tank in your driveway. Really need the whole story to have an opinion on old laws. Wouldn’t need a bump stock if I could just go to the grocer & get sub sbr.

1 Like

The “old” laws are still in effect, and the reason you can’t go to the grocer and get an sbr. So, “getting the story” is important to learn and easily researched via the Internet. Sorry to all, I was not trying to go off-topic here.