LaPierre out at the NRA, so what's your excuse not to join?

Former NRA executive pleads guilty to fraud, agrees to testify (msn.com)

1 Like

:arrow_up: Well there is that. :arrow_up:

And, it may just be me, but Iā€™m pretty leery of joining any organizations where the leaders are so ducking soft that at the first glimpse of trouble they Flip and start snitching on everyone in sight to save their own butts.

6 Likes

Whatā€™s to Join?
There are MANY .orgā€™s Pro Gun that ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING for Gunnerā€™s
(of which MOST if not ALL are Gunnerā€™s themselves)
If I was Interested in fleecing the Members, Partying on my own bought and paid for yacht,
10K Suits, and hiring a friend (who was a previously convicted ā€˜embezzlerā€™ as a compliance officer)
I would WANT that member card in my wallet buddy! Hands down!

Let them Go! I say!
Hey, I just heard I could get ā€˜Heavily discounted ticketsā€™ for the maiden voyage of this unsinkable ship the ā€˜Titanic!ā€™ Itā€™s in steerage but what the hell who needs fresh air anyway, Itā€™s overated!

Maybe ole Wayne can get a ā€˜Fittedā€™ Prison suit! GOT SOAP WAYNE-O?

5 Likes

This may just be me, but I was a member for a while. I got tired of all the constant solicitations and junk mail they sent. Additionally, if you donā€™t renew your membership, they keep sending you stuff begging you to rejoin. I grow weary of that kind of marketing. Probably a minor thing and a mental illness on my part.

12 Likes

Well I never belonged to the NRA so this doesnā€™t apply. I just thought it was a shame on how the positions were abused. Maybe now they can get people that have the best interest of the members at heart.

For sure LaPierre and his crew didnā€™tā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m good with USCCA, GOA, SAF, GCO, RWVA, GSSF, ACLDN, and FPC

8 Likes

:point_up:This would be the hesitation to rejoin.

10 Likes

No money or new members for NRA until the Board of Directors, Executive Board, and Officers who allowed (helped?) WLP to destroy the organization have all left. WLP was only the face of corruption, not the sole source.
(And yes, I am a Benefactor Life member. I have not resigned because I value the training programs (general population, law enforcement, and youth programs), the ranges, the historical preservation and museums. I just hope all of those can be salvaged and re-funded to proper levels once the trials and aftermath are over.)

6 Likes

I donā€™t have a ton of money, so every dollar counts. For my wife and me, USCCA has a big value and is worth the expense. We can see what weā€™re getting for our money. Thatā€™s all the money Iā€™ve got for gun groups. Iā€™d rather spend my other gun pennies on ammo, training and, of course, guns.

Messrs Smith and Wesson will get my gun money before anyone else.

11 Likes

good call Joseph488

6 Likes

Now that :point_up:t3: was a great plane!!! Messerā€¦ schmitt oh forget it! :innocent:

5 Likes

Iā€™ll wait to see what changes before joining.

2 Likes

Iā€™m with you Craig. I too am a life member and I throw out every solicitation I get from them. Their museum is indeed an incredible place to visit and I encourage anyone near their northern Virginia HQ to stop in and visit. I hope they clean house and replace all the enablers although that would mean just about every board member and executive in the organization. Time will tell I guess.

6 Likes

Speaking of House cleaningā€¦ thereā€™s one near by in Dā€¦oh, forget it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Take out da trash! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Talk 'bout an environmental disaster! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Is Pudding considered SOLID WASTE? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Oh, I kill me! :star_struck:

adonde nosotros vamos uno nosotros ir todo!!!
Nessun passo sul serpente

3 Likes

The NRA lost me a long time ago by its refusal to police itself. What their leadership did was beyond obvious.

I will wait and see whether the NRA drains the swamp first before I ever support them again.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not a big fan of Oliver North, but I did find myself disappointed that he failed to oust LaPierre a couple of years ago.
I have no idea what degree of better he would have been for the organization, if any, but by that point I was sort of thinking any thing would be better than LaPierre. [North denies this a bit.] (https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN1S30G9/)

1 Like

My ā€œexcuseā€ is the same it has always been. Until the NRA cleans up their act, that means all of their leadership needs to ousted, AND they actually become a defender of the second amendment they will not get another penny out of meā€¦ Period.

For the past 50 years almost every single form of gun-control has been heartily endorsed by the NRA. I used to give them the benefit of the doubt, they no longer get any slack from me.

If Allen West took over for LaPierre and started cleaning house, I might consider becoming a member again. However, even that might not be enough. It would take several years of solid performance for me to consider it.

7 Likes

Isnt La Pierres wife either on the board or maybe even the chairman.

Theyā€™re brilliant at getting their hands on foolsā€™ money and using it on themselves. Once they get it all back, appropriate and use it properly to get our country back to the constitutionā€¦thatā€™s when Iā€™ll join. I donā€™t suspect itā€™ll every happen. theyā€™re worse than Oprah.

2 Likes

No excuses here.My uncle made my brother and I lifetime members when we were youngā€¦that was a long time ago.

3 Likes