Inventory forms- input needed!

Hello, need some advice. We are currently in the process of organizing our firearms and want to keep documentation for our own records of each item. Should something happen to one of us, the other knows at a glance what is what. I will admit, it is more a benefit to me as I am not as well versed in firearms overall.
Specifically, I am looking for a form that will allow all the info about the individual gun, allowing space for pictures, etc. A simple excel list of inventory is not what we need. I have found several things online that require an upload of info or a purchase of a “book”, but I am leary of either of those options and will never just upload info of any kind for “safekeeping”. Thats what the safe we have is for.
Any suggestions? Or should I just create my own form? What have you found that works best?
Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello and and welcome @Elizabeth37
Buy your own ledger where you can print out photographs of your firearms that you can add to each one you list. No need to upload anything online, takes some time but secure.
Hth

5 Likes

Here are search results

https://www.google.com/search?q=firearm+inventory+form+insurance&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

3 Likes

I have a 3 ring spiral note book with clear plastic sheets where I insert the manuals for the firearms I have and the receipts for them. Any repairs on them is also kept with them. Handy also for any firearms that I sold just in case the ATF asks for them. Documentation of my FOID and concealed carry is carried in there.

4 Likes

Yeah… No, I don’t “google” anything. Duck that, DuckDuckGo! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community :handshake:

Best inventory is your own folder with

1. Picture with serial number
  2. Receipt of purchase and
    /or transfer.

Keep it simple and understandable for others .
Not everyone is techie to use software if need to find out what is what.

1 Like

If you want an easy, secure electronic format, you could use a dedicated USB thumb drive or DVD. Create and name a folder for each firearm. Put photos, scan receipts, dwonload manual(s), save e-mails, make spread sheets or whatever else you want in each folder. You could make a spreadsheet for ammo information as well if you want to.

IMPORTANT: Disconnect from Wi-Fi or unplug hardwire internet connectivity any time the thumb drive or DVD is in use. Do not leave the thumb drive or DVD plugged into your computer unless you are actively using it - disconnected from the internet.

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for all the ideas and suggestions. I had already started putting info into the plastic sheet protectors, but the use of a thumb drive is also a good idea ( kept separate from the computer, if course!). Keeping the info off the computer was a concern, so having the thumb drive will be a great back up for the hard copies in the binder.
Again, thanks for all the suggestions and the warm welcome!

3 Likes

This came with my first acquisition…used it ever since, in addition to my log/journals for each firearm!

IMG_3992

I know how we all admire the ATF but the form is indispensable.
Pretty sure they can be found at any gun store or printable online.

2 Likes

Search on the form number: “P3312.8 (Revised August 2013).” I attach photos showing s/n’s to the form. DO NOT save this online.

1 Like

Shouldn’t ATF keep the inventory of our firearms? :thinking: :face_with_monocle: :innocent: :joy:

5 Likes

I have an excel spreadsheet that I made up myself and has fields for type of firearms, brand, model, caliber gauge, finish, length of barrel, serial number condition, when and how acquired and when and how disposed of. It’s linked to pictures of each gun and backed up to multiple media.

I hate paper……

This may be what you’re looking for. Watch the video on the product description page.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BYVGQHG?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Naughty boy!

1 Like