In the town where my gun store is located, guy shot himself

That guy doesn’t deserve to have any firearms. He proved by his very actions that he is not responsible enough to carry a gun, let alone own one. What kind of a person does something like that in a public place? I’ve let friends of mine see my firearms when they come over but I always stress the paramount importance of safety and why handling them responsibly is so important. I explain why it is important to treat every firearm as if it is always loaded whenever you pick it up and why keeping it pointed in a safe direction and keeping your finger off of the trigger is crucial.

4 Likes

Watching the video, he bends over (bang), unbuckles, then throws the pistol on the ground. Things happen after the “bang”, like the slide ejects the casing and cycles the next round. So, as well as a hole in his leg, he got punched in the gut. Then, if the slide made the full cycle, a new round was chambered. Then he tosses it to the ground. So many things done wrong in so little time. Maybe he should consider a new carry weapon- like a slingshot. They’re usually carried “unloaded”.

4 Likes

Do stupid things, win stupid prizes lol.

2 Likes

Heard from the owner of the gun shop, the police gave him a rundown of what happened…

While showing off the gun he pointed the muzzle at the cashier and the cashier put his hands up and stepped back thinking it was a robbery as the idiot quickly apologized saying it wasn’t a robbery.

No actual holster, ended up blowing apart his Johnson…

3 Likes

Just wondering why this doesn’t happen more often.most bgs don’t use holsters chi town should be full of these antics.

2 Likes

I’m going to say that it dose’t matter that it was a Glock what matters is why was he showing it off in public and where his finger placement was when he re holstered.

Facts I have treated numerous GSW with many classified as accidental and Glocks didn’t shoot more careless people than a 1911. As a matter of fact I’ve seen a person double tap him self in the leg from a 1911. Interesting when you think about it and no he didn’t live because he hit the femoral artery.

2 Likes

That is why I don’t carry in the apex position being shot in the butt is survivable be shot in the groin may not be. Also that’s why I bend at the knees and not at the waist.

2 Likes

I can agree with this, however appendix carry IS NOT more danger than other technics. The problem occurs only if the carrier doesn’t use safety rules and proper way to reholster.
You can shoot yourself also with OWB… you harm different part… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes