In the town where my gun store is located, guy shot himself

Looks like the lady on right wanted to do something… :thinking:

4 Likes

I think she did want to help him :grimacing:

2 Likes

Dont take it oersonal… @Jerzees is probably just testing to see if his buddy @TexasEskimo is lurking out there…

5 Likes

Yes, those evil, German handguns shooting people when they are not practicing firearm safety. They should be banned… :rofl: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

When reholstering, you are supposed to clear parts of your own anatomy. Works better with 3-5 o’clock carry than appendix carry.
Appendix carry is not for every body shape, and not every model of the pistol.
Those much maligned click safeties - they have a use.

3 Likes

Glocks can be tricky for those of us who have little time firing one. I love the external safety. The 1911 I had had a lot of safeties on it but I wasnt comfy carry hammer back.

3 Likes

I also prefer thumb safety and have it at almost all of my handguns.
Glock is not a problem in these cases. I’ve carried PPQ, which works exactly like Glock, never had single issue - the trick is to follow 4 safety rules and use proper holstering… nothing else.

If someone doesn’t know how to handle hammer he will eventually end up hurting himself. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Well, since I’ve had a little training I’d have to jump on that. Haha Haha! :heart_eyes::joy:

3 Likes

Not having a cc isn’t always an issue in Oregon. People often open carry but if it was in his waist band, that’s concealed. Pulling a gun out to show someone in a public place seems like brandishing a weapon. I would take someone to my car or home and show it to them. I’ve also got in the habit of making sure there’s not a bullet in the chamber every time I pick up a gun. I don’t care if I know it’s empty. I still check. Live and learn… usually.

5 Likes

Yep…the main is keeping the booger hook off the trigger. My guess is the guy who dinged himself has little or no training.

4 Likes

EveryClown for gun safety knows that Glocks are sentient beings that act out all on their own the closer you approach. With so many millions out there, it’s amazing we don’t hear more stories of them forcing their handlers to fire them so dangerously. Probably because gun-nuts actively suppress these truths with their biased control of the media. Either way, we should have common sense laws to prevent this.

5 Likes

Bet that ruined his whole day!

2 Likes

Truly stupid enough for a Darwin award, but you still have to die to get one. :wink:

5 Likes

I’ll never understand why people take out a weapon in public…I’ll never understand this. Very good way to get yourself arrested or shot…in this case by himself, but normally by others.

This is why seeking out training is so important. The only reason to expose a weapon:

“Reasonably in fear of a threat against yourself or another person.”

5 Likes

I will go one step further, to say even in private, one should have a good reason to unholster. Not going to field strip it? Not training with it? It stays holstered.

Unfortunately, some people have to fidget with the gun, like they are little kids.

5 Likes

Not die, just not able to reproduce.

Larry

4 Likes

ROLF :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

All I can say is . Guns with safety’s are less to go off .than Guns with out safety’s ,

3 Likes

Yes. I can agree with that statement. However lack of thumb safety or grip safety doesn’t mean the firearm is less safe. Nope, it is not. The person who handle it just doesn’t know how use it properly.
I am a good example - I do not feel comfortably handling handgun without thumb safety. All my handguns I’m carrying have thumb or grip/thumb safeties. Does it make it safer than other firearms? I don’t think so . It is just another level of comfort.

2 Likes

Ok, Shalom peace to you

3 Likes