I'm watching the Police activity from my condo

I can see the police activity from my condo.
I keep posting these to illustrate a couple of things.
First Salt Lake City is thought to be a safe calm Mormon city in the mountains of Utah, Do you think your city is save? Today? How about tomorrow?
Second, This stuff can happen real close to home. Be prepared to get the hell out of there or, if necessary to defend yourself.

7 Likes

Kind of like the joke: did you hear about the guy who heard most crimes happen within two miles of your home? So he moved.

11 Likes

Unfortunately, it’s happening close to home everywhere! No one is immune.
We’re just deciding what color we want!

This is how I think my house looks! I’ve been fortifying it for years!

7 Likes

I just replaced the windows in my home. Those old 1920s single pane windows rattled like crazy and were easy to brake. Now if I can talk the wife into replacing the front door.

3 Likes

And then, Last Night. This one is about a half a block from the Sunday one and darn near right on my door step.

2 Likes

cxacqnui3feenh24ti5yu4lrpm-1615812389
This is what I am trying to make my new/used Xterra to look like …I’m not even close. I already prattled on about my ‘Home Improvements’ so I won’t bore you again but the darn ‘Drawbridge’ is almost finally done! :snake::snake::snake::snake::snake: done step on snek!
It’s getting LOUD around here Brothers (nightly)

4 Likes

Surprisingly Albuquerque, Nu Meh-eeeee-co isn’t doing too bad this year
But this is JUST Albuquerque. This doesn’t include the Indian Pueblo’s, Santa Fiction etc.
Total Homicides for 2022 YTD:
113 Cases/120 Victims
Total Homicides for 2023 YTD:
35 Cases/36 Victims
(and mostly all South Valley shooting each other to pieces again!)

1 Like

My sister in law left Salt Lake City yesterday because of the violence, yep, she’s headed your way, moving to Albuquerque.

2 Likes

God bless her Brother, In most parts honestly it isn’t too bad. Just avoid SP,Sp ST’s and she will
do well and be safe. just stay North of old Route 66/Central Ave.
If she is so inclined she can look me up and I can train-her-up a bit if she likes.
A little (4) rules, Open Mesa Plinking, My mentor/trainer hosts some of the best
classes. Bulldog Firearms etc. Just sayin’ Brother, be happy to help.

1 Like

Thanks Brother, I’ll let you know once she get’s settled.

1 Like

I’m constantly reminding my two sons, regardless of how safe they feel in their communities, that evil is capable of showing up anywhere. Evil always has its greatest success when it shows up where it is least expected.

How many remember Sutherland Springs, Texas? It has a population of roughly 600 people and on a Sunday morning several years ago a gentleman walked into a church and shot 46 people killing 26.

I also remind them that they are to be their own first responder and must be an active participant in their own rescue. It’s an idea the rest of society needs to grasp

5 Likes

And still your greatest exposure is when you are out in public shopping for essentials or coming and going from your house

3 Likes

We live in a small town and we are ready for anything that happens. Our guns are ready to defend our home and we each have a to go pack.

1 Like

Being retired I don’t get out much. When I do Im always strapped. Strapped most of the time around the house too. But I do get your point. Defecation happens and evil travels.

5 Likes

And as it travels, like any predator, it’s ALWAYS looking for opportune victims

5 Likes

I lived in Utah for 20 years and worked as a probation officer for some of them. It stopped being a quiet Mormon state a long time ago. Too many people from California realized they could sell their house in CA and buy one in UT and still have a few hundred thousand dollars left over. Of course, you can’t blame everything on them either, plenty of crazies and criminals were home grown. The bottom line is that nowhere there are people is safe.

6 Likes

I’m glad to hear that you carry at home too. I always have a gun within easy reach inside, and never set foot outside without one. That includes barbequing and mowing the lawn. Even though we live out of town in a low-crime area, I just don’t take any chances.

4 Likes

Unlike many we don’t have bug -out bags. Our bags are to bug home. Anytime we travel I try and calculate the estimated travel time to get back home. Home is Alamo!
How long to cover 1200 miles on foot or bicycle with low food and water, while traveling mostly at night.
Will we make it?:man_shrugging:t3: Living off the land or scavenging while trying to avoid unnecessary contact with others.

4 Likes

How about those young kids living for 40 days in rhe Amazon. And they were taking care of a baby too!

3 Likes

Impressive!

Had they been able to stay with the plane they would’ve been found weeks earlier but they also ran the risk of those bodies attracting predators

1 Like