Illegal firearm confiscation

My question? My weapon got snagged on a car frame and went off shooting me in my leg Tauras 357. I was treated like a criminal when I called for an ambulance took over 5hrs to get me medical attention. BUT IT GETS BETTER. While I’m in hospital the police go in my home without a warrant or permission and take my safe ( my property) from the home broke in it took 3 firearms out and returned my property back empty. How is that legal??? What can I do
? I got two charges from it misdemeanors. Still have my guns I’ve called and asked for them back I’m getting no answers this happened 11:28-21 no reason I should have my property back but I want to know was it legal for them to go into my house while I wasin hospital and take my stuff?? Made news (stand off in Morganton) 98% BS only in Burke county North Carolina.

Get an attorney and stop posting about your situation here on the internet. That is my advice.

Stay safe.

12 Likes

Contact the NCRPA and see if they can refer you to a gun rights lawyer.

1 Like

The story I found claims it was a welfare check. Even so, I am not sure that they could legally seize the arms. That is one of the problems. They do something, justly or not, and you are left having to fight in court, pay attorney fees and waste lots of time.

As @BeanCounter stated, don’t post info on an ongoing issue on the Internet - even here. I would advise deleting the thread, though servers will still have it backed-up, better than where everyone can see.

UPDATE: Standoff in Morganton ends, man transported to local hospital | Local News | morganton.com

3 Likes

Lucky the shot didn’t hit someone else…then you’d have some serious legal battles.

2 Likes

You’re exactly right I think about that all the time P MY SON WAS OUT THERE I’M LUCKY IT DID GO IN MY LEG I WOULD MUCH OTHER ME THAN ANYONE ELSE IT’S JUST A POINT I WAS TREATED LIKE A CRIMINAL

Just want to know what I can do about it if it was illegal which I feel it definitely was and still is what are my options

Hire an attorney and pay boatloads of money… Initial consultations are free, and the lawyer will advise whether it is worth persuing, etc. If you don’t like their answer, find another one. The USCCA has a list of firearm-friendly attorneys, find one close to you.

2 Likes

Yup yup. And I’m not picking on you at all, just making the point. Scary stuff and glad you’re okay. (We get out to that area all of the time to motorcycle.)

3 Likes

You’re exactly right tons of money I don’t have either lose a thousand dollars in property or lose $2,000 to attorneys.

Did you catch the part where it took them 5 and 1/2 hours to get me one ambulance here to me? There’s got to be a civil charge In there somewhere too

Yes, I read the story and your posts. As you have been advised, you should delete this thread and seek legal advice - we are not that.

3 Likes