If caught by law enforcement with a firearm without a ccw in California

If caught by law enforcement officials with a firearm without a ccw. Can we call USCCA for help?

1 Like

I believe @Dawn has said that if you are committing a crime at the time of your arrest that the USCCA would not be able to help. CC without a CCW would be a crime. Not sure how that would play out if you were in a self defense shooting.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

I would not take that chance brother

3 Likes

You can call anyone you wish, carrying concealed in a communist state without a concealed carry license is suicide!

3 Likes

I’m not an USCCA employee, I do not play one on TV. I also did not sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night. If you are committing a crime, your USCCA membership will not cover any acts that are prefaced by you committing a crime. Carrying concealed in California without the requisite permit is a crime.

TLDR version. No
YMMV

1 Like

At least one felony… You carry without a permit, you’re kinda screwed. Your firearm, probable body cam footage of you having it concealed, no permit… Open and shut case for the “wonderful” state of California…

1 Like

Thanks for the support, everyone.

The intent of the USCCA membership’s legal protection is to assist you when you’ve had a physical self-defense incident and need to defend yourself legally.

Carrying without a CCW is not a physical self-defense incident.

3 Likes

Even with a CA CCW certain parts of the state are dicey…Bay Area, LA ect.

1 Like