If. A. Bad,person is up.close to you and you have to defend yourself . What.DO YOU USE YOUR KNIFE . OR. Your. EDC

Defending your self up close :question:

5 Likes

I all. Way will . Go to my blade. That’s just me. To defend my edc. Up close . I have found I just don’t have enough time to . Get clear. With my edc’s what is your best option :question::us:

5 Likes

I would ask a different question how many are proficient in using Edge weapons. Having a edage weapon on your perons and not knowing how to use it - would be the equivalent of not taking firearm classes or never practice shooting.
To answer your question: if I let a threat get that close to me that mean I faild to be aware of my environment/situational awareness. I have two tools I could use - Judo or my edage weapon.

7 Likes

I don’t consider myself to have hand to hand skills or knife skills. I have a friend who is a triple blackbelt, and he’s tried to teach me, but it just doesn’t come naturally and I don’t expect I’d be effective. I do know I’d fight like the third monkey trying to get on the ark, but that doesn’t mean I’d be effective.

It’s one of the reasons I carry a snubby pocket revolver with a nice sticky grip. It would be really hard to pry it out of my hand, and it’s probably as easy to bring into action as a knife. More and more I carry a semi auto OWB as well, but the little one is always in the pocket.

12 Likes

A lot of martial arts can take years to master but there are trainers out there who can teach you just a couple of really effective moves that with just a little bit of practice can be very effective even against much stronger attackers. A good one is a two handed upper thrust to the chin. If that doesn’t knock the person back you can rake your fingernails across their eyes or stick a thumb in one of them. Nobody likes things in there eyes.

In my Krav Maga practice I find it is very easy to get over powered when someone is close to you if you try reaching a hand to get to your weapon. That gives them a two hand to one advantage. This is an even bigger issue if they have a knife or already drawn and pointed firearm. But using both hands, elbows, knees, feet and/or a head butt (with proper technique not Hollywood style forehead to forehead) can create that second of time and little bit of space needed to cleanly get a hand on a weapon and get it pointed in the right direction.

Check out some of the YouTubes and online training videos by Matt Numrich for some ideas. He was contracted by a 3 letter agency to develop some self defense training that could be taught to field officers to get them ready to go in a hurry with just a couple days of training.

https://sifumattnumrich.com/

9 Likes

I have clearly said that I have two black belts and . I have trained with USMC fighting knives for forty years. I am not playing . And you definitely failed I have never underestimated any one . SENCE MY INSTRUCTOR PUT MY NUTS UP IN MY THROAT . Sir I am not bragging I am trained for HELL HAVE A GATE DAY . I . DO NOT EVER GO WITH MAYBE. . If I SAY SOMETHING ONCE. If no one was LISTENING THEN THEY MISSED IT . I AM TRULY STRAIGHT FORWARD. And that. MAY MAKE SOME MADE GOOD.!! NOW DEFEND YOUR SELF. I HAVE MADE THIS VERY CLEAR AND I HAVE ALREADY REPEATED MY SELF . I DO NOT . LIKE TO DO THAT. JUST FOR YOU .SIR . I AM ME AND I HAVE HONOR . AN RESPECT. I DEMAND IT .SIR . I HAVE BEEN SHOT I HAVE BEEN STABBED. AND LIFE THREATENING WOUNDED. Sir . TAKE CARE THE ENEMY IS NOT ME I AM AN AMERICAN . WARRIOR . By the GRACE OF GOD ALMIGHTY .THEIR.GO.I. SIR. I HAVE SAID WHAT I HAVE SAID . SHARPEN.UP. SIR . :owl::feather::feather::tiger2::six::us::us::100::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::six::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::toolbox::parachute:

4 Likes

I don’t think @Buddha-In-The-Sun was directing his question at you or questioning your abilities. He was asking a general question to everyone reading this thread and I think it is a good one for those with less experience to consider.

I personally have very limited knife training but I do have some Krav Maga training and a fair amount of firearms training. So I likely wouldn’t go for my knife but would use my body to try to buy enough time and space to get to my pistol. Though if all I had or could get to was my knife I would use the limited training I have with it to the best of my ability.

7 Likes

All depends on tools involved. Somebody can be up close with bare hands, so rule is simple - I don’t bring any deadly weapon to fist fight unless it is absolutely required.

Push, punch, kick, create distance and use pepper gel. Next step is to decide if that was enough and which one - escape or weapon is the better option now.

It’s really hard to answer OP questions. We must have a plan for such situations, but there are many variables which can change that plan instantly. And we also have to be prepared for this.

4 Likes

Shamrock :shamrock: brothers I have truly tried to warn everyone that is not on the México border they are coming criminals and we Texas has to send them out of here and they are coming to your community. And one mag is like spitting on an inferno . Good luck we are going to have to fight Birne has destroyed our nation my GOD BOBBY JEAN​:feather::feather::us::us::us::100: AND YOUR GOING TO HATE TEXAS BECAUSE OF BIDEN LETTING TEXAS HAVE 7 hundred and fifty thousand invaliders in just December BELIEVE TI OR NOT I AM VERY TIRED OF TRYING TO WARN YOU ALL THAT HAS NEVER SEEN ANYTHING EVER LIKE THIS. TEXAS HAS NEVER EVER SEEN THIS I TOLD EVERYONE OF YOU I FEEL LIKE I JUST WALKED PAST A GUN FREE ZONE

2 Likes

jerzees carry more magazines brother you know I care about you I said you are going to wake up or come home from work and they will be in your house brother love Bobby Jean two feathers :feather: :feather::us::100::six:

2 Likes

True. I was working under the assumption of a scenario with an imminent deadly threat thus the need to decide between a knife and a firearm. But there are many situations that don’t rise to that level so it is important to have less lethal tools available to handle less lethal threats. So I also carry pepper gel and have been working to build up my martial arts skills.

5 Likes

Create a safe distance immediately, assess the level of the threat you’re facing and act accordingly.
Best fight is the one you walk away from it.

10 Likes

RAT RAPPED ASAILT. TATECAL BRUCE LEE. SEAL TEAM SIX GAVE A CITATION TO THE BADIST. Azz Fighter in the world . By the commander of the entire seal team six and he tough them and he has never been beat . Gooall it. I don’t care I have just tried to help everyone but we are not enemies or our country has gone to hell I am on your side I have had all my teeth knocked out . I wish everyone could get over what you are hearing and hear what I am saying to you I am not the enemy . I have never been so injered that I could not still fight back until I was shot and then I was gone. But that is not what I truly tried to get across to everyone stay safe I don’t have to ack like I am a bad .AZZ I TRULY AMM SO I CAN WALK SOFTLY BROTHERS. HAVE A BLESSED DAY :tiger2::feather::feather::owl::broken_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::us::us::us::bangbang: ALMEN

1 Like

I try not to let DANGER CLOSE
If unavoidable I go Krav first ! I have other non-lethal tools near
but it’s easier for me to just go ‘Hands and feet’.
Nose, Throat, eyes, balls! DONE!
If that doesn’t work I’ll shoot the prick.
I’m too old to play around now
Punishment will be swift and severe
Mi Dos Pesos
WWG1WGA
No step on Snek

6 Likes

i walk with a cane so i always have a weapon in my hand, i also have many other tools in my bag to use if needed.

8 Likes

Don102 sir that’s what the f,ck.I HAVE BEEN SAYING BROTHER . We are warriors what we know they do not teach to civilians. They would go around killing innocent people. It’s the art of war and you know it you just said it love you brother I have BEEN TO HELL AND I AM VERY BLESSED TO STEAL BE ALIVE I THINK . I am not playing . Warriors don’t ever play rule number one and two and three sir love Bobby Jean . Stay sharp my brother sir :tiger2::feather::feather::six::us::us::us::broken_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::100::bangbang::beer:

3 Likes

TRUTH! …or I’ll just bean them with my ‘Walker!’ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (Kidding)

3 Likes

This is my primary defense. That followed by deescalation. I have walked, talked, driven and even once jogged myself out of several dangerous situations.

I haven’t had to go hands on since shortly after high school when I was working at a factory. Apparently initiation for the few who survived their first week on the line was for one of the big 300+ pound NFL defensive linemen looking workers to sneak up behind you, grab you by the waist and throw you in the cardboard dumpster. It was very loud in there so you couldn’t hear people coming up behind you and the pallets blocked your view. What Mr. Big Guy didn’t know is I had just enough wrestling training for little ol me to slip out of his hold wrap my arms around his leg and slam his back onto the cement floor. I might have been a little more gentle if I had known it was just an initiation and he wasn’t trying to hurt me but I didn’t know what was going on and my reflexes kicked in:)

6 Likes

Yep, The guy at the Self car wash the other day thought just Brawn and size
could overcome 'Fluffy and Old(er)… I had my Smith on me (open carry)
and my OC Gel on my belt but he got in my face FAST!
(I won’t use the gun on an unarmed assailant)
The sounds of the Wash, inside an enclosure (and i was paying attention)
But you get focused on your task and BAM he hit me.
KRAV-City, kick, punch, punch later I bounced his head off the Vacuum island!
Over and done…or OVERDONE! :rofl: and he was HUGE!
That’s why self defense practice is just as important as Gunmanship!
It’s got to be ingrained, Muscle memory ‘BIP!’ finito!

6 Likes

I love you brother stay safe my friend sir Bobby Jean. I have shook up the community and I believe that this is a great time to get together and get everybody involved with what if what is everyone going to do to protect them self and family love Bobby Jean sir I know I have made members piszed but it has got everybody thinking about what we are going to do and not do sir and that’s very important sir so I don’t mind as long as it gets everybody involved and adding to the community love you all and this exercise was not an accident I truly care about everyone in our community no disrespect just love stay safe brother and sister gunners love Bobby Jean and Debbie ann :beer:for you brother root beer :beer: SIR :tiger2::feather::feather::statue_of_liberty::six::toolbox::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::100::100::100::bangbang::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

3 Likes