I Will Not... Unless I Must

And the cat doesn’t like any of em’. So be it.

4 Likes

Definitely spot on, brother. I thank The Creator that you made it through those times you had to fight for your life when on duty. I’m glad you’re here, and being a good and strong example. Thank you, sir.

2 Likes

First; I think you are educating and NOT preaching. You are promoting peoples emotions and thoughts. We need MORE people to call for thinking and expressing. Thanks for the wake up.

1 Like

You obviously know that as a "little woman"it is much more likely
that you will need a gun to defend yourself.Just like me,now that I’m
an old man and can’t fend off an assailant with brute strength.
Women should not be police officers outside the office.

1 Like

Day or night,church or store my
Saturday Night Special is ready to sing.

2 Likes

Dear sir, as a “little woman,” I’ve taken down guys twice my size and weight. I can’t speak for other women. It’s not my place. I know my own capabilities; I can’t judge anyone else’s. Thank you for your feedback.

4 Likes

I have a bit of an issue with your statement. In my last tour to Iraq I was tasked to provide medical support to forces deployed. I was also told to refrain from bringing “female” Corpsmen down range. I had 36 sailors (Corpsmen mostly) and 7 of them were males. We were flying combat medivac’s daily and sometimes two or three times a day. I flat ran out of guys to do the job. I tapped two young ladies to fly with me to the next hot LZ, they hit the ground before the bird did and effected multiple casualty extractions under fire leaving me to direct the evac and put rounds on the bad guys.

I submitted both of them for Silver Stars which the unit commander whole heartedly supported and when it came time both were presented with Bronze Stars with a combat distinguishing device “V” in the CG’s (Commanding General’s) office. It should have been a full Company dress and shine but we were directed NOT to let women go down range. There was an additional award on the desk. The ladies were dismissed and I was about to get the award on the desk when I told the CG what I thought. The Silver Star with “V” stayed on the desk and I was threatened with UCMJ action. Don’t EVER say to me that women belong in the office because I have seen multiple times where they are the biggest predators on the battlefield.

Cheers,

Criag6

11 Likes

I completely disagree.
These days you can find brave and wise women who can kick your ass and “men” who pretend to be a macho writing you a parking ticket.

I respect your opinion, but it’s not XIX Century anymore.

7 Likes

I do not doubt your strength or ability,but as you describe yourself
as a"little woman",you would not by your presence induce civility into
those who had criminal acts on their minds,as would a man of height
and girth would. Therefore not making any other force necessary.

1 Like

You misunderstood me.I am well aware of those
things of which you wrote.I was only commenting
on the necessity of a firearm when the appearance
of a strong man is often enough to deter any
wrongdoing without any other force.

1 Like

I have little doubt that women can be as brave
as men on occasion,but the appearance of strength
in a police officer is enough to deter aggression,
whereas most women could not achieve that.

2 Likes

Wow, rick, just, wow. A relative of mine was a LEO, he and his partner were nowhere near slightly built. He even won a bench press contest, his partner was even larger. I can’t tell you how many stories he told me about those, even slightly built, that resisted arrest. Apparently, you must believe they were all blind, as they all fought them. He even had to arrest women, and they fight as hard or harder than many men; at least that’s what he told me. You need to take your rhetoric down a few notches.

3 Likes

Funny, sir, but I described myself specifically as “small,” not “little,” to guage certain reactions. Your reaction is sadly reactionary (antiquated, outdated, wishful return to a bygone past).
The ability, or the lack thereof, is not based on gender, or even on size, but rather, on the nature of the individual. You “have no doubt of [my] strength, and ability,” yet maintain a refuted argument. I have successfully stopped aggressive men, yet, went through hell with very mean-spirited women! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
The fact is that both men and women are comprised of human beings with varying abilities. Yes, there are certain women who are not designed to be in law enforcement, but the same can be said of certain men, as well. Moreover, situations affecting any woman’s ability to protect vary, as well. Just try to hurt a caring mother’s children, and see what happens.
Have a blessed day, sir.th (19) (1)

6 Likes

An invalid argument,Dave,you apparently
can’t understand how many crimes were
prevented by a show of force,be it
muscles or just standing tall. Arresting is
something completely different.

1 Like

I’m sorry,but"small’ is the same
in my argument to prevent crime
and mitigate the use of firearms.
But you are correct in that my statement
is not Politically Correct,but still very accurate.

1 Like

If the person is supposedly afraid to fight due to a “big, strong man”, the person would be afraid regardless of whether he is committing a crime or being arrested. How is it different? Because you say it is? I am quite sure a criminal that is not looking to be arrested would run away, instead of committing the crime, regardless of who was wearing the badge. You seriously believe a criminal would look at a female officer and still commit the crime, but wouldn’t if it were a man?

2 Likes

You seem confused Dave,what has preventing
a crime have to do with fighting? It obviously would
take a lot of words to awaken you.But you now have
confused me,because we are discussing the
use of firearms in law enforcement.

1 Like

rick, you must have forgotten what you posted:

If that were true, why would a person that is being arrested get aggressive and fight, if that officer is much stronger and larger? Please enlighten me. You claim to have the answer, let’s see it.

2 Likes

Sir, this back and forth with you is fruitless. I frankly don’t give a damn about “political correctness.” Your opinion of “accuracy” is just that… an opinion, not a fact. You disregard everyone’s experience, just to feed an ego. That is a shame, because if you had bothered to carefully read what I commented on human abilities, or the lack thereof, regardless of gender, or size, you would have seen self-defense in its true balance. Not all men are strapping gargantuans. So I ask, do you think small men who are LEOs can’t handle BIG PERPS? Hmmm?
Frankly, sir, I like being underestimated, because that is my advantage.
You may reply, if you wish, but my part of this particular banter is over. My brothers and sisters can continue disproving your theories. Take care, dear sir, and may you find happiness… somewhere.

5 Likes

This reminds me of an episode of Andy Griffith in which barney is being “bullied” by two large men who are breaking the law… He was afraid of confronting them, but finally did after Andy gave him the wisdom in understanding that it’s not the size of the man in authority, it’s the size of authority in the man. The badge is what demands respect.

One could also argue that a man or woman, no matter the size, who approaches a person or situation with arrogance will be met with resistance.

3 Likes