North Olmstead Ohio Home Invasion

Castle Doctrine Case

Have a plan, communicate with your family, work your plan with mental exercises and in role play safely with Blue Guns or Barrel Blocks. Fortunately for the home owner, this worked out legally. Emotionally, probably not so much.

Mentally prepare not only for the invasion but for the emotional, physical, legal, financial and moral aftermath.

Stay safe out there.

5 Likes

Wow, that’s a great example of preparedness. I agree with you that there are likely to be psychological impacts as a result as well. This is certainly something none of us should want to experience, but need to be prepared for in any case.

5 Likes

I see nothing wrong with the woman defending her spouse. That’s what I call loyalty.

6 Likes

Neither do I. But I would like to point out the importance of sharing knowledge, education and training with your spouse. It’s crucial that He knows how to manipulate, handle and shoot Her firearm and vice-versa.

The home defense firearm that is most readily accessible to you may not necessarily be your personal EDC. I’m currently working with a married couple who decided on purchasing and training with the exact same handgun. They both feel comfortable with it and I personally think that’s a good thing. Though not always practical, it’s working out for them.

Stay safe out there.

7 Likes

Wow. I grew up in that area. I’m very familiar with Mastick Road in North Olmstead. It’s not an area that you would think of when it comes to home invasion. I guess it just goes to show that it can happen anywhere,

5 Likes

Agree 100 percent @Frank73 and yes it is important to have a plan of action just in case these situations arise.

5 Likes