I should have never bought the Canik tp9sfx

I lucked out and found a used one. Got it for about $100 less than new price and it already had a red dot. Thinking about trying some competitions with it this summer.

2 Likes

I’ve seen these at Academy a lot lately. Really interesting pistols.

I don’t know enough about Canik enough to feel comfortable replacing M&Ps with one. I trust those M&Ps. Canik might be reliable too, but again, I don’t know enough about them.

1 Like

Having shot an M&P Shield 9mm EZ, I’ll take my Canik over the M&P any day.

Try the trigger and reset on a Canik TP9 series…

3 Likes

I have to agree, there is a lot I like about the EZ 9, but the Canik has a much better trigger

2 Likes

I don’t care for those EZs. The other 2.0 guns are on par with Glock on reliability. I care more about that than trigger reset.

That’s not to say Canik is a bad choice. These guns look like lower priced competition guns to me. It’s a cool idea to make all of those bells and whistles in an affordable package.

I’m also an M&P fan boy, so there’s that (though I’ll never own an EZ.)

1 Like

Canik TPSFX Elite, 4.2 in barrel. My neighbor has one, nice for CC.

The Elite combat is a fantastic shooting gun. I have one and it is by far my favorite pistol to shoot these days. I often carry it as well, though it is not really an EDC kind of gun. the out of the box trigger is amazing!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Shawn60 .
Glad to hear it from an owner. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Shawn60 and god bless you.

That Canik is a beautiful looking gun and sounds like a very nice shooter as well. How is it though after being dropped in the dirt/sand or dunked in a muddy river or snow? Not trying to be a smart ass, I’m truly curious.

2 Likes

@Michael601,
Got this on YouTube

1 Like

It did pretty well

1 Like

It did well

1 Like

Dang! All I hear is good things about those Caniks :+1:. Can’t complain for an affordable/ reliable gun that’s not a Hi Point :joy::+1:.

I see them at big box stores for under $500. I wouldn’t switch from an M&P or a Glock, but it looks like a step up above a lot of other guns on the market for a really great price.

2 Likes

Look a Glock vs s&w vs the world glock is an industry standard not unlike a 1911 pretty much any make we talk triggers a lot here. But do we really know what a good trigger is ? The holy grail of trigger is the 1911 trigger and its single action no stack or creep like I even know what either means! Truth in knowledge is that triggers are subjective. Period triggers are great for their respective type striker fired vs revolver vs double action vs single action revolver vs semiauto. It generally comes down to weight and ergos then market saturation yes how much you see this thing case in point glock ,AR platform rifle AK platform rifle . So much stuff for these platforms . The canik pronounced (jah -nick) it’s Turkish is based loosely of of the wait for it . Walther p99 series with internal differences that’s walther pronounced ( wal-zer) if you hated the trigger on that gun ( walther p99)oh you’ll hate every other trigger on the planet. As far as reliability goes your individual gun has never gone to war just it’s brand has unless you bought a surplus gun from some military you need to relax about ( go to war with and reliability standards, the holy grail is the one that works when you need it. I know some hipoint users who would love to go head to head with a Glock ( pure comedy gold ) yeet cannon vs tactical Tupperware you may be surprised …I digress . I find that the canik is accurate has good construction and good ergonomics it’s standard “trigger “ is on par with gun in a higher price range. It’s finish is on par with those in a higher price bracket so it’s overall a value to those with a budget in mind.

1 Like

Poor gun getting abused and I would never do that with any of my guns!

1 Like

Get a Equity loan, and it’s still cheeper than paying a contractor ; after all it is a tool right.

1 Like