I may not to around for a bit

I’m thinking I’m going to be taking a break for a little while, I dunno i may stay for the strength i get from you all. My grandfather just passed at approximately 19:22 tonight. My family lives in Illinois, but no matter how much it hurts I probably won’t go to his wake.

The man lead a very fulfilled life and he should have died back in 2002 when he was side swiped by a drunk doing 70mph not 2 blocks from home. He always was a stubborn guy. I swore he was to stubborn to ever die.

He was 82 years old and I know that’s past life expectancy, but it still hurts. May be rest in piece now that he has no more pain.

16 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Everyone grieves differently, so do what is right in your heart. This community will support you or be here when you decide to come back

7 Likes

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Please accept my condolences and know we will be here when you can come back!

4 Likes

@Brian_J We will be here Brother. :us:

3 Likes

Hold hard my friend! He seems like he was a he!! of a man. Celebrate his life and only mourn for your loss of his company but pass on all the great things yo shared so his memory will live on. If appropriate, endeavor to pass on his gifts to others.

Prayers,

Craig6

6 Likes

May your grandfather rest in eternal bliss. I lost my grandpa when I was 19. It crushed me. I didn’t go to his funeral because it hurt so much. I regretted not going. Do what you need to do. But take care of yourself. Losing my brother and mother virtually killed my soul. Took years to grieve properly because I buried the pain with so much unfinished baggage. Take the time to grieve. It’s really important.

5 Likes

God bless you @Brian_J, your family and especially your grandfather!

2 Likes

Sending prayers your way for God’s comfort :pray:t3:
May the memories you shared ease the pain of losing him.

2 Likes

Prayers and condolences, peace be with you!

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, remember the good memories, they will help you through. My father passed 5yrs ago today at 58yrs old…

Take your time, spend time with family, tell the good stories, and try to do things here and there as he would do things, in honor of him.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. I lost my grandfather 6 years ago and miss him everyday. God bless you and your family.

2 Likes

May your heart be filled with his love and memories. Thank you for sharing this, it hurts to lose ones your so close to.

3 Likes

@Brian_J - I am so sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this. We’re here for you.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss … thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours in this time. May the memories of those dear to you bring comfort and help you heal moving forward.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss @Brian_J

2 Likes

My sincere condolences for your loss. It is a terrible blow to lose someone you love.

In similar circumstances I have taken comfort from this thought:
Cattle die, kindred die,
Every man is mortal:
But the good name never dies
Of one who has done well.

Our loved ones live on, if only in our memories.

2 Likes

Go with God. May he help you find peace and restore your joy.

2 Likes

We miss our loved ones, but find solace believing they moved on to a better place.

2 Likes