I may not to around for a bit

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss brother.

2 Likes

@Brian_J, I am sorry for your loss brother. Me and my family will be praying for you during this tough time. My grandfather passed away 2 weeks after 911 and I still miss him he was 84 when he passed. He waited for me to get to the hospital before passing.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Praying for you and your family.

2 Likes

Yes sorry hear about your grand dad. Still miss mine and he has been gone since 74

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

2 Likes

Be well Brian…and may God comfort you through this time!

2 Likes

I spoke with my grandmother, she’s trying to act strong but I can read her to well. We talked about all the good times and the struggles. It made me realize that I never thanked him as much as I should have and disappointed him more than once.

My grandmother told me “honey, he loved you more than you could know and he was very proud of you. He would ask, hey have you heard from Brian lately? And when you would talk to him on the phone, it was the highlight of his day. He bragged about you to our friends”.

At that point I lost it, I wish I could have spent more time with him and go back to Kentucky like we used to for a weekend in the summer just to sit back, relax, have a beer and talk about the simple things in life.

Even now, my apatite is gone, my medical problems are acting up from stress. But, I still look to the past and the good times and I can smile. I’ve seen way too much death in my life and it doesn’t get easier the more you see. I thank you all for the good words, it helps, it really does.

2 Likes

Brian, you have a lot of company in this space. My grandfather died when I was 17. When younger, I spent a TON of time with both of my grandparents, but more with my grandfather. Sleepovers. Walks around the block to get baseball cards or an iced cream. He couldn’t go further due to health issues. He was a sweet and gentle man and I loved them both. As I got older, I spent less time with them, especially him. After he was gone (and I saw how it affected my father), I strengthened my relationship with my grandmother and my father. When my dad dispered their firearms, I wanted my grandfathers hunting shotgun (which is terrible and worth nothing) and my dad first rifle, a .22 (S, L, and LR) that is also worth nothing. Just like nice memories and photos. To me, priceless.

3 Likes

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, @Brian_J.

2 Likes

My sympathies, Brother. I lost ‘Big Buck’, my grandfather about 20 years ago, made his funeral and wake, have gone back to his resting place from time to time, Still miss him. But I will never forget those time we shared together. That’s what we have to hold on to. Treasure what you had and pass his memories on to others.

3 Likes

My condolences. I lost my dad two years ago, January 7th, just shy of his 80th birthday, March 2. I would suggest going, so you don’t regret it later. Entirely your decision, and you can always visit his grave later. Take care, man.

2 Likes

There will be no grave, he is getting cremated tomorrow. I hate Illinois so much that there is no way I will ever go there again.

1 Like

I lost my mother 2 years ago and still hear her voice every day. She would remind me every weekly visit that “We are making memories. When I’m gone you will always have those!”. Cherish those times and always honor those memories!!! Take care of yourself @Brian_J and make time to visit family, especially your grandmother. She needs you more than you know. Prayers, my brother!

1 Like

I am sorry for your loss but I just lost my son I cannot tell anyone the pain I feel losing my only son
I know he will be with God I pray you will find rest soon
Trb

2 Likes

i am so sorry to hear of your loss. i will pray for you and the family for peace and comfort.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this terrible news.

2 Likes

Just my two cents,

If it’s at all possible, go to the wake.

My grandmother died when I was 15. They decided not to tell me, I was an army brat and we were overseas when she passed. I didn’t find out until I was 17. There was never closure. I really wish I would have known and could have participated in her end of life celebration.

I’m sorry for your loss friend.

Todd Wallace

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss Brother . My thoughts and prayers for you and your family at this trying time. God will give you strength to weather the storm.

2 Likes

Don’t let anyone tell you to get over it, because they might have lost a loved one and grieved, only you, and you only can grieve at this time. I’m a Law Enforcement Chaplain and have had to make more than my share of death notifications, and even though I personally didn’t lose the loved one, a part of me goes through the grieving process as well. When my grandfather passed away in 2013, it affected me hard, because I spent countless hours during the week taking him to his Drs appointments, but I would do it all over again, but this time ask him more questions about his life and the things that he remembered most. You do what you have to, but this is going to be the last time here on earth that your going to attend his funeral and I wouldn’t want you to have any regrets. My family didn’t know half of what he had shared with me. I was asked to officiate his funeral, and it was one of the highest honors I have achieved, and I won’t tell you it was easy to do it , but I know in my heart how much my family appreciated it, but most importantly I knew he was watching over me. God bless you and this is a decision only you can decide, think about it really hard, and your family and friends should honor what you’re going through right now, and for how long it might take for you to grieve.

5 Likes