I Just Give Up

After shopping 15 sites, it’s become apparent that I’ll be booking a trip to an optometrist to get what I really want in a pair of shooting glasses. At some of the ones running $100 or more, I can afford a custom-made design - one feature I’ll be looking for is anti-glare, light-sensitive lenses. I’m going to start with outfits like Pearl Vision - if anyone has shelled out for customs, I’d like to hear from you. After $4K for double-cataract surgery, you can bet I want max protection, even if they make me look like an alien! FYI

1 Like

Rudy Project - GENETYK - ImpactX photochromic and polarized. RYDON would be a good alternative. Don’t know if they still make them. Purchased mine 13 years ago. Exceeds ANSI standards. Can be fitted for prescription wear.

1 Like

You can get Oakley’s with prescription lenses. I am an Oakley fan boy as they have saved my eyes more times than I would like to admit, I started with Razor Blades if that gives you a time line.

Cataracts is something all of us will have to endure if we live long enough. The new technology on multi focal lenses (implants) keeps evolving and I’m hoping when I get there it will be better than it is today and today is 100X better than it was 10 years ago when I was still working in eyeballs.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

I use single focus reading glasses for shooting, but have the focal distance ordered for “computer” distance which is just about right for front sight focus.

2 Likes

I use clear safety glasses from Harbor Freight. They are ANSI and OSHA approved. They have a regular safety glass and II got the ones that are bi-focal. Plain with a +2.0 for reading. I use them in my wood shop and for shooting on cloudy days. I am on the second pair as the first pair broke at eh nose piece when a slab of wood caught on the blade of my table saw and flew back at me. I had a cut where they broke but nothing in my eyes and very slight cut. I did get a headache from it but I didn’t expect them top protect me from that.

1 Like

They wwere less than 10 bucks not fancy but they do work.

Another vote for Oakleys, endured an eye injury years ago, so I am very protective of my eyes. As was stated, they can be fitted with prescription lenses, as I did with my latest pair. Got photochromic (darken in the sun), so good for sunny or cloudy.
On a very restricted budget a person could use over the glasses safety glasses.

1 Like

Wiley-X, Maui Jim.
They used to have a multi-shield system like Wiley’s SG-1 which gave at least a neutral density and clear lens last time I looked. When I bought my last sets both company’s had 4 different transmissive formulations.