I have to have one of these!

I have no practical use for this at all, except maybe splitting firewood or building demolition, but I simply must have one! This thing represents America, with ludicrous power, beautiful design and being simply over the top :rofl:.

I was actually looking for a good woods gun for Florida wildlife and ran across this video. This thing is the closest I’ve seen to being able to vaporize an object, like, set phasers to “vaporize” LOL. Plus, it blows an awesome fire ring about 10’ past the muzzle.

9 Likes

Oh man do I like Kentucky Ballistics!! Scott is a trip.

7 Likes

“Just put a Thumb in It”
:+1:

6 Likes

Roger that! What a guy.

3 Likes

Was it the same gun?

3 Likes

If I had “guns” like his, I might give it a whirl

3 Likes

I had one of the first original 4” X Frame 500s that S&W produced. It was used and my buddy who used to manage the Local Gander Mountain gun department called me up to come buy it for a steal “used”.

He knew tha guy that special ordered it when it was announced and it had exactly 2 shots fired out of it (two dirty chambers) when the first owner said “oh hell no!!!” and brought it back to use a trade-in at a huge loss. My win because I bought it for what they gave him for a trade.

It was a LOT of fun! Everyone I knew wanted to fire it, ONCE! just to say they had.

Once you figure it out it’s a very manageable gun to shoot and there is a video somewhere on the internet of Sherriff Jim Wilson doing double taps with the snubby version. I got to the point where I could empty the cylinder accurately while doing about a shot a second and do double taps. I’m not recoil shy…

Then after a few months, I realized how ridiculously expensive it was to shoot the gun, even reloading, and that took some of the shine off my toy. It was way overkill for anything I needed a handgun for so it was nothing but a range toy.

Ended up selling it through GunBroker to someone in Alaska where the 4” was nearly impossible to find and where the gun really belongs. Win-win :+1:

9 Likes

Excellent video…loved the shooting in that one!!!

3 Likes

Yeah, I have skinny arms. I’d need to two-hand that beast for sure.

2 Likes

Great story and thanks for sharing that.

3 Likes

I don’t have one of those but have shot the snub nose. In short, I would equate it to rubbing turpentine on a tiger’s A$$

3 Likes

Funny related story. The day I got that gun home it coincided with my teen daughter’s first official date to a very nice young man. Since he didn’t drive, his mom and dad brought him to the house to “meet us” and drive the young couple out to dinner.

My wife assuming correctly that I might make the young man a bit uncomfortable threw me out of the house before they got there… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So before I left I threw gun magazines on every surface of the house, on every table in every room and the kitchen counters… as a slight subtle message. Then happily left to play with my new toy.

I had a bit of land so I drove my Jeep on my own property to the ridge behind the house. As great timing would have it I took my first shot with that gun just as my daughter, her boyfriend and parents were getting into their car in the driveway.

The wide eyed young man upon hearing the reverberating boom echoing through the ridge asked my daughter what was THAT noise. She, perfectly comfortable with firearms around her, just said “That’s my dad playing with his new toy S&W .500.”. One more boom later and they were speeding down my driveway spraying gravel according to my wife.

Needless to say for as long as she dated this guy she never missed curfew… :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Makes my hand hurt just to think about it.

Nothing compared to KB’s 500 Bushwhacker :laughing:

4 Likes

I love it!!! I have three boys myself, a step-daughter ( married ) and a step-son. So glad I didnt have to deal with a daughter…but my sister, wish my Dad would have done what you did. I needed a little chuckle today. Thanks

1 Like

Oh, man, split pea soup everywhere!!! Awesome video!!!

1 Like

I don’t have one of those…but I just put 500 down on one of these.Ive got a 44 magnum one…this one looks and feels gnarly.

4 Likes

Hmmm, EDC!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m thinking not!! It does look tough!!!

1 Like

Going to hunt with it.EDC…maybe if your a sasquatch.

4 Likes

Still a very cool gun.

2 Likes