I have to have one of these!

Just make sure you have enough room to back up. :astonished:
I posted the story behind the cartridge and rifle under “Hunting”.

3 Likes

Just like the 2" barrel on a 357mag, you lose so much Velocity that it’s really worth it to get the 3" or 4". A 2" barrel 357mag has about the same impact a a 9mm with a 4" barrel

5 Likes

Brought it home today.Will have my scope and rings tomorrow.

9 Likes

Beautiful! Can’t wait to hear how it is to shoot. What are you hunting?

4 Likes

Deer,hogs,elk,sheep and possibly bears.

3 Likes

You dropped a lighter. Probably fell out of the couch :rofl:. I have two 44mags but WOW, I would love have that 460, brother

3 Likes

Fired it yesterday for the first time.The recoil isn’t much worse than full tilt hand loads in my 44 mag.Wonder what my handloads for this thing will be like Oh better have kick ass hearing protection on when you let one off.If you shoot a round at dark the fireball is awesome.

6 Likes

I zeroed the scope at the range today and this things accurate as hell.Zeroed at twenyfive and it only took 4 rounds. Stretched it out to one hundred and started getting 40 mph winds.Hard enough to be steady without that happening.Still good accuracy for being blown all over the place. I fired 20 Hornady ftx customs 200 grain. Then fired 40 300 grain HSM pro handgun hunter rounds. The 300 grain definitely recoils harder than the 200… but it’s the same recoil as my 44 mag. The muzzle blast is awesome though. Better have good hearing protection on.Heres one of my being blown all over the place 100 yard targets.

When it’s calmer outside I’ll get a true hundred yard and beyond accuracy test.

4 Likes