Husband & Wife range rats

How many of us go with our spouses or partners to the gun range together & enjoy shooting, training & learning together? My wife & I married late in life ( in our 50s) and on our 1st date I told her that I was a big 2A guy & carried a pistol everywhere I went that was legal. Her older brother was a high school friend & we kept in touch so I was fairly certian that she had been exposed to firearms. She was excited to learn so we started with gun safety & I took her to the range. She enjoyed everything about it. I signed her up for a women’s only beginning shooters class & she was hooked. She basically took custody of my Glock26 & now she has a nice little gun safe of her own. We love shooting together :heart:
Resized_20220701_130849

34 Likes

A feel good story to usher in the weekend!
Does “her” Glock look like this?

12 Likes

I think it’s great that the two of you train together.

9 Likes

:rofl: That’s priceless

5 Likes

My wife loves to go and I love that about her. She is a quiet, timid person and it has been great watching her confidence build over the years. I consider her a competent and accurate shooter at this point and confident in her gun handling skills. She doesn’t care much for long guns but watching her ability with the old 12 gauge is a riot!

If she ever had to defend herself with a firearm, well, I pity the fool!

6 Likes

If I were a bad guy trying to victimize some lady, and she pulled out that, I’d s#it my pants in fear :rofl:

I’d be like, oh, crap, this woman doesn’t just carry around a gun she never shoots, she’s gonna actually enjoy shooting me!! :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I’m happy for the both of you Ruger, Nice story to start the weekend.
But I HAVE to ask is that your REAL name? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: My kids don’t talk to me
anymore because I called them ‘SCAR’ and “Diamondback” WHAT? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Now, that’s funny :laughing:

4 Likes

Wife and I usually go every Tuesday. She has her own guns that she mostly stole from me. We are old and now she can only handle 22lr but she is good with them. She had never touched a gun before we got married 58 years ago. That changed quickly.

5 Likes

My wife and I go to the range together, train together and we are instructors together. We also scenario train together. We see real life crime events and use them to create scenario reactions.

3 Likes

I see from your hat you were a bubble-head. Awesome group. I am a 20+ year veteran puddle-pirate (enlisted). I taught with submariners at he Navy Quartermaster A-school when Tracen Orlando was still around (the CG was too poor to have it’s own A-school back then, so we used the Navy A-schools for some ratings). We team-taught (a lot of fun) and I remember it as being one of my fondest memories of my service. Great story about training with your spouse.

3 Likes

Do the Biden!

5 Likes

Your not OLD Brother, You’re VINTAGE!

(like fine wine, a Good horse, a oh, nevermind… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

My real name is Skich Waverly :rofl:

1 Like

The 1st 7 years I was an Aviation Boatswains Mate Fuels. Worked the flight deck on two carriers. I got out for a year & a half & obtsined a two year electronics technology degree, re-took my ASVABs & went into the advanced electronics field. Ocean Systems Technician. IUSS. Antisubmarine Warfare & retired as a Chief in 98 after 24 years. Like most if us, I got more out if it than I put into it. I bleed Navy blue

4 Likes

Excellent. I did 23 years and retired as a Chief Quartermaster in '96. I miss the camaraderie. The old CG before it went crazy woke was fabulous. In those days, you joined for God and Country, not for the pay or the bonuses or the free college education.

4 Likes

This is my new one. Not as fancy as a Hello Kitty but it’s purple and that’s what counts! It’s back at S & W now since it jammed from the get go but I can’t wait to get it back and going to the range again.

7 Likes

Great photos! Hubs and I go to the range together too. Unfortunately the closest range is an hour away. We always bring a picnic lunch and make a day of it.
We bring friends also whenever we can. We are USCCA Instructors together also.

4 Likes

Is that because states like cali hate black? Change the color does that effect the enforcement of the states decree?

2 Likes

Nope, I just love purple. And it may conceal a bit better, just looks like a purple something, but maybe not.

4 Likes