HR 1808 Passes the House

Once again the law abiding gun owner is penalized for the actions of the criminals in our society. I am tired, as I am sure all gun owners are, of being included in the list of criminals who continue to commit these heinous acts. I have never committed a crime in my life and yet I placed in a category with these killers just because I enjoy owning weapons and shooting them at a range. I have just purchased an AR15, semi auto of course, and have not had the chance to take it to the range. Now I may never get it there. The bureaucrats, many who are not familiar with weapons or their use, and who assume they know how to satisfy the needs of their constituents, decide to categorize and name a weapon to fit their own agenda (re-election).

2 Likes

They are banned in the UK, well most are in public - every knife, but a small, folding knife that does not have a locking blade.

2 Likes

I’m having a hard time finding the article now, but there are groups in the UK pushing to ban all knives. They argue that few people cook at home, anymore, so there’s no reason for plebes to own knives.

And once knives are gone, they’ll come after rocks.

3 Likes

She probably just accidentally didn’t see the “shall not be infringed” part of it

1 Like

They realize that law abiding citizens who conceal carry would help protect them if they were ever in trouble. They risk their lives to help keep us safe. Why not protect them?

Don’t let them take it. That’s your right. Even if they do get banned ARs owned before the ban even takes place would be protected under the “grandfather clause.” You could always take your gun into the mountains to shoot it if your range enacts restrictions but I highly doubt they will. I take my 9mm handgun and shotguns into the mountains too shoot. I prefer that more than the gun range myself because I don’t have to pay range fees.

1 Like

That is ridiculous. I have and carry a gerber multitool into the outdoors that only has a 1 inch blade on it. The guy got busted just for having a blade like that? :flushed:

1 Like

Not to brag, but… the knife on my Gerber is a good 2". :laughing:
Although I see that Gerber now makes a version of the same multitool without a knife. No doubt that’s in response to the various issues that come with the blade (I lost one to TSA, one time). Still, it seems like you’d lose a key tool without it. Now it’s just needle-nose pliers with screwdriver heads.

This is not the case I was referring to, but it has a happy ending.
I-Team: Another Electrician Arrested for Carrying Knife He Uses to Do His Job – NBC New York

1 Like

Does this Bill have a chance of surviving the Senate? Probably not. I think most bases in this post have been covered. My feelings on it we do need to be wary of the current senate. This bill and many others although clearly unconstitutional and goes 100% against the recent SCOTUS decisions is designed to test the supreme court and build an argument for packing it. The simple fact that it will face a constitutional challenge the moment it is signed by the prez is a reason that some RINO’s may sign it as a gesture to their perceived constituents. I am only throwing this out there as a possibility and this should be a reason to call your senators, even if you know they will vote for it.

2 Likes

Contact all your senators, and put pressure on them. Whether they are on the 2A side or not. Don’t let them off the hook.

Call the switchboard (202) 224-3121. You’ll be talking to a staffer so be courteous, and pleasant, but firm. And call as many Senators as you can.

Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) has an email form to send

1 Like

Does the bill say anything about chainsaw bayonets?
USA Today Issues Clarification After Depicting Rifle With ‘Chainsaw Bayonet’ (businessinsider.com)

2 Likes

Here’s the deal… They want us to give up our guns but look at Ukraine. Our government is wanting us to give up guns for them to use. DUH… This is a great reason why we shouldn’t give up anything that is our right to own as law abiding citizens of the US>

3 Likes

Warhammer 40K for the win!

5 Likes

Dang that’s crazy man. Even 2 inches is a small blade.

2 Likes

Don’t tell my wife, she thinks 2" is normal.

4 Likes

:smiley: lmao

2 Likes

To put it bluntly, 1808 wouldn’t stand up to the SCOTUS if it did pass.

Which is why the mainstream media is presently demonizing the SCOTUS and certain unscrupulous politicians are trying to change the structure of the SCOTUS.

It is all a well orchestrated plan by politicians using their bought-and-paid-for mainstream media… which is why you don’t ever see the “good guy with a gun” stories, but they make bad guys with guns celebrities.

The Mainstream Media is not your friend. They are nothing more than an organization that pushes propaganda onto weak minded people in an attempt to make them think they way they want them to think.

…and they’re pretty damn good at it.

-G

5 Likes

Die fighting or die on your knees.
Me personally, the USMC in me says, let’s fight.

1 Like

It boggles my mind that I have to pay a penalty for being a law abiding citizen and not committing a crime in my 80 years of life. 27 of those 80 years I spent as a Special Agent with a U. S. Government law enforcement agency. In my 80 years of life I have never been shot at nor have I had the need to shoot at anyone. I carried a gun on and off duty and I have a concealed carry license which I renew every year. I live in a Chicago, Illinois suburb and I enjoy going shooting at a range. There are thousands of people like myself who appreciate punching holes in a paper target or hearing the clang of a round against a steel plate. None of us has ever intimidated anyone, shot anyone, or threatened anyone. We purchased our weapons legally and handle them in a safe manner. We are not terrorists or mass murderers. So can someone tell me why we are being punished for the actions of criminals or the mentally ill. Why must I lose the privilege, not privilege but the right to own and enjoy shooting my weapons. I am insured, through the USCCA, I keep my weapons locked up, I care for my weapons (clean them), and I have a great respect for them and enjoy shooting them. Every time some criminal or mentally ill person decides to go on a rampage I am threatened with the loss of my weapon, even though I committed no crime. There is something wrong with this picture and I am tired of the threats. Maybe a defamation off character law suit against some of these accusers would open their eyes. We all know that the USCCA, NRA and several other Orgs. fight for our rights, are there any politicians who also fight for our rights. I would like to know who they are.

5 Likes

2 Likes