How often do you carry

your in the right situational awareness regardless in my opinion if it bothers one. its your well being and safety!

2 Likes

Every chance I can. As a Surgical Assistant I canā€™t, for obvious reasons, carry in the O.R. not to mention I havenā€™t found a Hospital yet that allows non LEO to carry.
At home, on my land (over 4 acres mostly wooded), and anywhere else that isnā€™t a designated bad guy shooting gallery (aka gun free zone)

2 Likes

I carry all the time , wherever I go , and at home as well .
I have been asked , why do I carry at home ?
My answer is , "100% of all home invasions happen at home

7 Likes

I love that come back, @Matt :laughing:

1 Like

My wife asked why do you carry at home.
I said Decepticons.
She said Decepticons?
I laughed she laughed the toaster laughed
I shot the toaster
Good times

8 Likes

I carry everywhere everyday except when limited by law. Itā€™s like a seatbelt. You cant just put it on right before an accident. Also I have heard people say they only carry when they are going to a rough area. I carry and I also I avoid ā€œrough areasā€ I carry and I hope that when I take my last breath I never had to draw my weapon.

5 Likes

My wife asked why I carry in the house
I said ā€œGovernment is listeningā€
She laughed, I laughed, the Echo laughed. I shot the echo.

Another favorite,
Shot my first turkey today. Scared the crap out of some lady in the frozen food section.

6 Likes

I love the turkey one, @45IPAC! I bring that out a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving every year. :slight_smile:

My mom didnā€™t think it was too funny the first time. Now she rolls her eyes at me.

2 Likes

I carry every day from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night. I even carry into those goofy places of business that have those silly signs that say ā€œGun Free Zoneā€. Because you and I both know criminals all obey those signs. Cough Cough Cough
The only place I wouldnā€™t carry is Court Houses and Federal buildings where itā€™s illegal to bring a gun.

4 Likes

And we all know that you only carry into the Gun Free Zones where those signs do not have the force of the law behind them. Because as responsibly armed Americans we obey the laws to protect ourselves and others, right @RJ1?
:smiley:

3 Likes

Carry as much as I can, but situationally aware all the time. If I canā€™t carry, Iā€™m always looking for options, should the need arise. Really learned a lot from USCCA videos that help one think more holistically that the weapon you may, or may not, have.

1 Like

As I said, I donā€™t carry in court houses and federal buildings where itā€™s illegal to bring a gun.
In my state, someone with a CWP is allowed to carry any where else. Of course our wussy state legislature is trying very hard to change that.

2 Likes

Everyday. I did open carry previously and people looked the other way or a conversation starter for most people. I really did not mind if people stared.

1 Like

:smiley:
My husband carries all the time. Back when we lived in CA ā€¦ before we came to our senses and moved to Missouriā€¦ he was on our back garden near the fence line when a sheriff pulled over to the street side of our fence and asked him why he was armed.
My husbandā€™s reply?
He looked at the sheriff ever so seriously and said ā€¦
ā€¦
ā€œTyrolean Attack Gophersā€
ā€¦
ā€¦
The sheriff blinked twice, tried hard not to smile, then just shook his head and drove off.

5 Likes

Your lucky one of the commiefornia storm troopers didnā€™t arrest him on the spot

Letā€™s just say we were well informed on the local legalities. That said, we now live in Missouri where thereā€™s a lot more common sense.

3 Likes

I carry every day. The only times that I do not carry are when I am legally obligated not to. For example, I live in Maine (ME), but I have a lot of family in Massachusetts (MA). For those who may not know, MA is VERY unfriendly towards firearms and the Second Amendment. I do not yet have a MA concealed carry permit (LTC in MA), so I have to make the difficult choice of leaving my handgun behind in ME because I do not wish to risk serious jail time for having a gun in MA. Iā€™m sure there are others who would feel otherwise and say ā€œTo Hell with MA and their unconstitutional laws!ā€, but as a responsible gun owner, I must be aware of and comply with local laws.

2 Likes

I try to carry every single day! Unfortunately my current job and future job does not/will not allow me to carry in their facility or on the road. I respect the laws that are here in Florida and where i can or cannot carry when i comes to government buildings or my job. It defiantly takes time to get confident in carrying a firearm on you if youā€™re not used to it; having a good holster and a gun that youā€™re familiar and confident in using goes a long way. I carry currently a S&W M&P BG38 5 shot snubbie and i absolutely love it with Federal HST 130gr HP!

6 Likes

Welcome @Noah! glad to have you here. Glad to hear that you carry as much as possible.

2 Likes

I carry all day everyday. If the establishment has a gun free zone I will not go into it. I refuse to become a victim to help you ā€œfeel safeā€.

5 Likes