How often do you actually shoot your cc pistol?

empty brass on the barrel :slight_smile:
lots of dry fire.
and I shoot it every time I go to the range to train, regardless of which gun I’m training with, the EDC gets some rounds.

2 Likes

It’s because women are missing the John Wayne gene… you know, the one that means you’re born knowing how to shoot? :wink:

I joke, but that’s actually a lot of it. New women shooters come to the range knowing they don’t know anything and they are REALLY PAYING ATTENTION. Men often come to the range already thinking they know how to shoot, so getting their attention to teach them is a bit trickier. And getting them to let go of what they already “know” is sometime even harder.

In my experience, in either gender, if the student checks their ego at the door and is really intent on learning, not showing what they already know, they’ll learn fast.

4 Likes

I think you nailed it Zee👍. The only male I’ve ever taught to shoot who really paid attention was my son when he was a little guy-soaked it up like a sponge ( and later spent 20 with the Corps😏). The other guys all came into it “thinking” they knew how and “it’s easy”. Took a couple of them quite a spell to realize how little they actually did know.

2 Likes

Every 2 to 3 weeks, about 150 rounds plus maybe another 150 of .22 to extend range time. Also I dry fire most evenings with a laserlyte cartridge.

1 Like

My wife isn’t a “gun type,” but knows how to handle all of my firearms (since they’re in the house). She outshoots me ever time.

2 Likes

2-3 times a month, 100+ rounds each visit. I’ll also only carry my CC ammo for 3-4 months, then shoot it up and reload with fresh.

I live in a suburban area where shooting isn’t convenient, so I visit and indoor range close to my work.

1 Like

Once a month. However, I do take notes on what different ammo and how the said pistol or revolver respond to those rounds being tested for carry.

4 Likes

Visit the range weekly, usually fire 100 rounds.

2 Likes

So many dedicated to keeping their skills up! Its AWESOME!

2 Likes

I fire mine 26 weeks a year. I fire every other week. Must remain proficient. I’ve met those who keeps theirs clean. Won’t shoot but a couple times a year, but will use the other ones which aren’t carried. I don’t quite understand that unless they are the same type weapon.

2 Likes

Approximately 8 times a month. Normally practice with home defense, EDC and rife at the range. I use Mantix X3 for dry firing and practicing at home.

1 Like

Not as much as I would like but I can hit center mass even at 20+ yards with all of my pistols except one presently (that one is not meant for that range and doesn’t exactly have sights, NAA mini revolver).

If I could afford more range time, I can narrow my grouping but where I’m sitting. I would still call it acceptable, especially since most self defense situations will be far, far closer…

1 Like

Every other weekend, but I stay for an hour or so & always put rounds thru my EDC & shoot with both hands

5 Likes

Once a month minimum. More if I am checking out new carry ammo for reliability. Also if I am getting used to a new holster. It also seems to me that pistols like to be fired. It is a good thing to have a CC sidearm that has been well broken in and cleaned a few times.

1 Like

I shoot my cc weapon every time I go to the range. That was monthly before the crisis, though my plan was to go every other week starting this spring,.

2 Likes