How many Glocks do you own?

I have 5. Well, we, we have 5. 2 19s, a 17, a 20 and a 19X.

4 Likes

I have the Glock 30 Gen 4 and it works well on the hands, easy to carry, and the 1" extension
on the Magazine is a gift for the small finger.

William Smith

3 Likes

Enjoy them even better by installing night sights and that will help in low light. $50 to $60 each!

I own 5 Glocks with 3 conversion kits.

William Smith

3 Likes

I LOVE the 43X… I have the 43 now (that’s my only Glock, by choice), but I shot the 43X recently and really loved it. It’s on my “list!”

5 Likes

I know that all gun manufacturing company make some great pistols, long guns, and ammo,
but Glock is a fine piece of equipment and they improve every day. Somewhere around 34 to 37 parts
and easy to maintain and practice with everyday. Great work.

Here is a list of Glocks that I own to start: GLOCK 32 Gen 4, my first, (.357 Sig ), 27 GEN 4 (.40 S.W. ),
and 30 GEN 4 ( 10mm) “converted” from a .45 caliber, ( NEW BARREL ). My second choice is
the Sig Sauer P 320 9mm, don’t tell anyone!

Thank You,

William Smith

3 Likes

Hello Beth! I definitely want to get a 43X, but thinking about the 30S first! Hey, see you at the Expo!

4 Likes

@Jeffrey - I will be there! Looking forward to a great event!

2 Likes

I can’t wait! I live just 10 miles east of Pittsburgh, so this is a treat!

4 Likes

I have Glock factory night sights on my Glock 19 Gen 5.

4 Likes

Gen4’s: G17, G26, Gen5: G45.

3 Likes

I live in CA so only Gen 3 glocks that on the roster list I can get from retail stores. I can get one from private parties but too much troubles!! I got my G19 & G26. My next one probably G30 for my CCW beside my G26 and G19. My wife got a chance to try G21 when she took her gun training class! She likes it better than G26 which I got it for her. Her hands are small but she felt better with it because of recoiling not so much!! I might have to check it out someday. Anyone have any opinion on G21 recoil experiences?

4 Likes

G21 Gen 3 (.45acp) is my favorite to shoot. I have big hands for a woman my size, and I know a lot of guys think the grip is uncomfortably large or not a good fit, but it works beautifully for me. You will want to make sure she’s able to operate it… can get to the trigger effectively without affecting her accuracy, and she probably won’t be able to operate the mag release one handed without shifting her grip (I can’t).
As to recoil, I barely notice it :slight_smile:. I find it a pleasure to shoot, and for me it’s really naturally accurate. It’s a whole lot less snappy than any of my smaller caliber revolvers, and that makes a huge difference in shooting comfort.

4 Likes

Hi Zee, Thanks for sharing your experience. According to her instructor she was doing well with accuracy at 3, 5, and 7 yards on G26 and better with G21 but I think she has not tried mag release on G21. You are probably eight that she may has some problem with mag release!

3 Likes

@Nick1 before she decides, be sure she tries both the G19 (9mm) and the mid-sized .40 cals… my hubby’s a 40 guy and has a range of sizes. I like shooting his .40 compact pretty well… similarly soft non-snappy recoil, smaller grip but still the double stack that works well for me. She may be able to operate all the controls on the mid-sized .40 without a grip shift.

4 Likes

Like @Zee is saying the G21 is great, we have his and hers G21s. Because my wife fell in love with it. Hers is a G21sf, mine is a G21 with a reg sized blackstrap grip. When we go to the range with others and they want to shoot it we find it’s grinnin’ time all around. My wife is 5’-4” and handles it no problem. Definitely try it I think you’ll be sold, I find it’s feels smoother on and faster to recovery to get back on target because it “pushes” back rather than snap back and flip up recoil in my opinion.

4 Likes

That is exactly the difference.
I like the G19 9mm and I dont notice a lot sharper recoil. But given a choice, I like shooting the .45
@KenM has a good thought there… The SF (slim frame) might be a good choice for a smaller hand.

3 Likes

I sincerely hope the best for you. I have had a great time in working with the
Glocks and they are the best. Enjoy that 30S!

3 Likes

Here is a photo of my only Glock, alongside my newest SIG. The Glock is a Gen 5 G19, and I am a fan so far. This may be the Glock that I finally decide to stick with long term. Early shooting results have been good so far. It also helps that the Gen 5 Glocks are the most lefty-friendly Glocks yet (I shoot as a southpaw).

20190507_145730

2 Likes

I am a Southpaw as well, and I have the same Glock, and I love it!!!

3 Likes

@Jeffrey - Great to hear that! Did you swap the magazine release over to the right side of the frame for use with your left thumb?

2 Likes