How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Just went this afternoon to my local range which I am a member of. I was joined by my buddies Steve and Ben. My wife came along and took some video. We had a lot of fun. I took my M&P 2.0 full size, 2.0 compact 3 1/2" and my Shield Plus all 9mms. Steve and Ben brought 3 pistols each. We fired each others firearms and must have fired at least 300 plus rounds each. We were at the range about 2 1/2 hours. We spoke about continuing to go as a group constantly. Also while we were there the RSO was trying to convince my wife to start shooting and I guess he said the right thing because she’s considering it. Hopefully she will begin to go to the range with me and get into shooting.

8 Likes

Got to the local range before they opened this morning. and they graciously allowed me to setup a chrono so I can test my subsonic loads.

Think I found a winner. Off to make a few hundred rounds.

9 Likes

Like most of us you probably don’t have a dB meter, but could you tell a lot of difference in volume?

Also, did you have to make any modification(s) to maintain reliable cycling?

4 Likes

No DB meter, but we did fire without ear protection towards the end. This was done in stages by someone first listening behind the double doors of the range, then behind one door, then beside me with foam ear pro, then no ear pro.

Without ear pro all you can hear was the combination of bullet hitting the steel backstop and the firearm cycling.

No modifications were made.

5 Likes

I was able to get there yesterday with the 50 degree weather we had here in Wisconsin! I was even able to convince my dad to come with me, so that was an even bigger bonus!

I put new buffers in my AR’s and I wanted to function test them. I was really happy with the performance and impressed with what a big change a simple buffer can make to the AR platform. I also had some fun with a new .22LR conversion kit for my AR’s. If you have been considering getting one, it’s worth it. Pretty fun to shoot and saves money!

7 Likes

I finally found a new range and joined, since my regular was destroyed by the December tornados. It’s a nice open-air range with two pistol bays going out to 20yds, and rifle bays at 25, 50, 100, 200, and 300 yards. It’s no further away from my house than my previous one and is actually set up better. $100 a year seemed pretty reasonable for 7 day a week access.

The only problem I can see is that there’s no place to get a biscuit between here and there!

8 Likes

You don’t have a kitchen? :thinking:

Congrats on finding a new place, and it sounds good, price is right. Around here guys spend $100 for 4 hours at a 25 yard lane, unless it’s gone up since I last looked about 5 years back.

Chainsaws today, rain tomorrow, last mild day Wednesday, so planning a good outing.

3 Likes

Nice weekend. Street ride Saturday, shooting Saturday, dirt ride Sunday. Woot!

Wierd gun range day! CMR, AK-V, Scorpion EVO.

3 Likes

It’s been about 10 months for my wife and I. We’re both in our 80’s. I guess just being extra careful with COVID around. I’m an EDCarrier; however, I practice dry fire few times a week, I know that I should be at the range more often. My range membership expires in a week or two, that should give some incentive. :slightly_smiling_face:
jA1

5 Likes

Sure I do! :man_cook: It’s just that one of the little perks of going to the range with my daughter was picking up some “hand breakfast” on the way. Yesterday morning we popped some egg rolls into the air fryer and took those along.

4 Likes

I took a friend last week to try a few different guns. He was set on a .40 Walther but is now a little more interested in a 9mm since he was able to shoot it better and more consistently.

5 Likes

Almost 2 years now. First, the outdoor range i go to shutdown due to the virus. Its on an Army base and federal government follows some pretty strict guidlines. After a year, the range opened somewhat but now you have to make reservations and your date/time desired is rarely available. I usd to go once weekly. At times, i’d spend my lunch hour there. Fun times. Then i’d go once on the weekends depending on my free time. So these virus restrictions and new range policies have really taken a toll on me. I do dry fire often but its still not the same.

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Andres10 and God bless you. Hang in there bro they may open one close by.

2 Likes

First target Smith & Wesson Bodyguard Semi - .380
FMJ at 30ft.
Second target HK VP9 9mm JHP 115gr at 30ft.
Part of this mornings accuracy training at indoor range.
I think I’ll have to put a dot of auto white touch up paint on the front sight of the .380. It was really hard to see the sight at this indoor range.

7 Likes

I got back to the range today to test the Sig V-Crown JHPs in the 10mm Colt 1911. I was unable to test this ammo during my last range trip because the slide was jammed up by a snap cap breakout. I will say I did not shoot very well today. I was in a lot of pain from working on the dishwasher yesterday, but I had already planned the trip and, no pun intended, had earned a “kitchen pass” to go. :grinning:

The good news is the V-Crown fed and fired with no hiccups. As I’ve already said, my shooting was not very good, I was pulling the gun around every time I pulled the trigger. With that said, I only took one photo today - the rest was embarrassing! :blush:

6 Likes

HK for the win! I love mine.

4 Likes

Went today. No dishwasher making me sore, but cut, hauled and split a bunch of Ash during this warm spell we had, making me skip last week’s outing. Last warm day today, possibly a bunch of snow Friday, so today was a must, and despite the wind, it felt good. Shooting in shorts, yee hah. Near 60 degrees today, and the forecast shows sub freezing for at least the next week.
Pistol, 2 .45’s and a 9, then my carbine length AR and marlin 60…

4 Likes

Mighty good shooting there brother @William377 :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Also some good shooting there brother @Gary_H :+1::+1:

3 Likes

@Johnnyq60 - Thank you.

2 Likes