How long has it been since you've been to the range?

About 8 hours ago.

I took my P226 out to re-zero the red dot, following some warranty work. After that, it was theme day: SAOs Only.

Lots of fun putting the 2020 Sig P226 9mm with its red dot sight up against my 1902 Colt Bisley 32-20 WCF with its teeny-tiny iron sights. What a difference between the two in terms of feel.

Not planning to strap the Colt to my leg for my EDC, but it fared pretty well at 10 and even 20 yards — 21 out of 24 shots on the paper.

Sig P226 SAO (left),                 Colt Bisley (right)

7 Likes

Welcome to the family @Cynthia and God bless you.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I taught a class today. It was his first time ever shooting a gun. This is his target.

I, on the other hand,( AFTERWARDS) took the time to get frustrated at my new gun. The scope was not tightened down. Then I had to sight it in. Then using Glock mags, I kept having different failures. It went from double feeding to stove piping to one I had never seen. The spent casing was in sideways and it was all jammed up. That would have been really bad in a SDS.( Self-Defense Situation!)

8 Likes

What gun and ammo?

3 Likes

My first shot, 25 yards, sighting in my Bushnell red dot. Took off the ADE as the stupid design requires removing it for battery replacement anyways, so it went on to the “spare stuff” shelf.

5 Likes

CMMG Banshee .45 ACP FMJ 230 grain
Glock Mags
My reloads. Works well in my Kimber and my Springfield 1911’s

5 Likes

Well, hope it gets over its hiccups for you.

4 Likes

Yesterday…and I’m planing to visit it at least twice this week. :muscle:
Curriculum:

1. Defensive shooting and moving
  2. Holster draw
5 Likes

6 Likes

@Todd30:handshake: :clap: :rofl: :joy:
:+1:

3 Likes

Bet that felt good. Nice shot!

4 Likes

Yeah, I love when newly installed optics have me hitting the target. For what that gun’s designed for, it was a rare “one and done” moment.

4 Likes

Just left the range.

5 Likes

Next time - live stream, please ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Great shooting @Kristine1 keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Both successfully finished. Now it’s time to review them and find the weak points then make proper corrections.

6 Likes

I tend to use the USCCA target for this when training. Where can I get this? I Love it!

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Steven393 and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

Nation shooting sports month
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 11,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen ’s organizations and publishers.
Support your local gun Range
Let’s all go shooting!

5 Likes