How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Love it.

2 Likes

Seems like forever.

4 Likes

I spent 2 hr on the Range yesterday trying to convince myself that polymer handgun is good :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Damn it… I love my M&P9, but whenever I shoot 1911 or 2011 I can feel these are better, faster, easier to shoot, more accurate… but unfortunately also more expensive.
I like to keep my EDC at low price level… in case I lose it (hopefully not, but you never know).

Anyway, as we always say - practice (3x) :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

Sort of combining this with the “what’s your favorite feature of your range” thread: practice, practice, practice, location, location, location.

Home, home, on the range
6 Likes

@Alces_Americanus … you have unlimited options there :cowboy_hat_face:

When we can start “DSF Level3” classes? :joy:
Oops… we don’t have this level yet. :zipper_mouth_face: …but…hmmm, you know… running, screaming, shooting… simple cool man stuff :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Went to an IDPA type match a few days ago. Had a lot of fun with the different scenarios. Low light, strong hand, weak hand, targets partially covered, “no threat” outlines, etc. Highly recommend it even if you are not into the competition part of it

5 Likes

Last week I went to a different range than normal. They had it where you can not shoot any closer than 20 feet. For my short distance drills it was a no go. It was fun shooting the 1911 .45 ACP at 70 feet. Checked my sights out on the other guns for that distance.
I am going to my usual range tomorrow and I will get back with ya’all about it tomorrow! August shooting competition will be posted too!

6 Likes

The Mozambique Drill, also known as the Failure Drill, or Failure to Stop drill, informally, "two to the body, one to the head,"

6 Likes

Went to the range yesterday.

5 Likes

Another 2 days of defensive pistol training.

This time I found another issue - shooting the handgun which was not mine.
We played home invasion scenario.
I ran out of ammo and thought - fight was over. But another assailant broke in and my instructor used his firearm as my backup which I supposedly “kept” in the room.
First time I was “dead”. I was not able to effectively operate his handgun. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Second time was better, but I had few misses because the trigger was different that mine.

:frowning_face:
Conclusion? I can know every firearm used at my home… but what if I have to use not mine tool on the street?
It’s time to train every available platform.
Be the best with EDC, but know all other tools.

4 Likes

Yesterday. Up and out on the range by 7:00 AM. My first warm up shots with the P226 at 20 yards were so so – only 5 out of 15 in the circle, but I was very happy with the next magazine, 100%.

A Souvenir of the Day

4 Likes

Finally got around to Level 1 coursework these past couple of weeks.

Used my Glock43 and an 8-in target that I had for the Shooting Qualification. Was quite happy with 3, 5, and 7 yard groupings. 10 and 15 yard started to get away from me including 1 outside the 8-in target.

5 Likes

Excellent shooting @PDA3 and keep up the good work. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

I will say like @Johnnyq60great shooting… smaller deviation than most of shooters have, especially with such short barrel.
:clap:

4 Likes

Where can I do Live fire and situational training
Near Chicago
Thanks be safe

3 Likes

@Larry129 ,
Check local Ranges.

I like these:

• Range 355 in Bolingbrook
  • RKA in Plano
  • Shoot Point Blank in Mokena
  • Gat Guns in East Dundee
  • Fox Valley in Elgin
  • Midwest Guns in Lyons

All these above have good classes.

5 Likes

Thanks be safe larry

3 Likes

thanks be safe

4 Likes

I’ve just come back home from the Range.
1 hr of testing new carry 2011.
Hmm… I have to admit I was negatively surprised with first 20 shots… defensive accuracy in 15 ft was OK… but it was not what I had expected… :flushed:

Anyway… as always - it is not the handgun’s but the operator’s fault. :slightly_smiling_face:

I will need one or two more sessions to get used to this pistol.
Even it feels like hand extension, smooth and soft… it doesn’t shoot where I’m aiming… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: …yet…

4 Likes

I went to the range two days ago. I’m retired & was finished with all of the crap I needed to do that day and it was only 85 degrees (South Texas) with a nice breeze so I took a few 9s & one 1911 with way too much ammo & took my time with my usual drills and then just had fun shooting. It;s an outdoor tactical Range with metal targets of all kinds at 25 & 90 feet.

5 Likes