How long has it been since you've been to the range?

Last weekend . 3 hours on the range, one-on-one with a USCCA instructor. Good session! Learned a lot.

8 Likes

Okay, it’s not really the range — it’s my backyard. And it’s not really a firearm — it’s my Sig P226 Air Pistol:

I’m having too much fun with this thing; it’s amazingly accurate:

8 Shots at 10 Yards with .177 Pellets, 7” Paper Plate

6 Likes

Good shooting @Alces_Americanus :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Thanks @Johnnyq60!

4 Likes

I went to the range today! I love the sound of a busy gun range. The happy faces of those shooting. An all out good feeling that a person gets after going through your drills and the target gets perforated. Lessons were learned and skills improved upon. Most of all, you got to go shooting and at 863 fps with a 230 grain bullet out of a .45 the reloads performed above par of 850 fps but, not above 875 fps. One single hole in the target with only one strangler that shot off to the top of the 8 circle. That is what practice is all about, finding your mistakes and analyzing why it happened. Then working on making that hole smaller next time at a faster speed. Practice, Practice, Practice ! and train!

5 Likes

Last Saturday. Took the AK style, and Sig P220 .45. A good time was had by all.

5 Likes

1st post here so I’ll jump on in! I went this past weekend and try to go at least twice a month or more. Ever since I completed the instructor cert I’ve been working with handguns more than rifle lately. I’ve since rekindled my love of 1911’s.

8 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Stephen308 and you are blessed to be here.

5 Likes

40 minutes ago, after skipping 2 weeks. Swapped red dots on my shotgun, and first blast was on the bullseye at 25 yards, so got lucky there. Did some offhand paper at 50 and steel at 100 with it after, 1150 fps low recoil slugs…which are sweeter and sweeter as time goes by. Then I broke out 4 of my P80’s, just ran a few mags through each, and finished with my Savage MK2 and 3 types of ammo at 75 yards. Gun’s a laser at 50, lost in space at 100, so I thought 75 would be a good distance. With all the humidity and rain we’ve been getting, I thought it good to get out the guns that don’t sit in the dehumidified gun room much (the Savage does…but .22 seems to finish every session lately), get them warmed up, dried out, then oiled up.

6 Likes

That sounds like a great day at the range. I’m glad you were able to get out there. I have been going every Saturday for the last 4 weeks. My 9-year-old daughter has been getting into it, so I make more trips than I used to so that she can get her training in.

7 Likes

That sounds great. I went through the same thing when I first got my certification. I realized that my rifle had been stored for months, so I have recently brought it back out.

Welcome to the community. We are happy to have you.

4 Likes

Nice having your daughter being a fan of the fun.
I was texting back and forth to my son, 27 year old former Sgt. USMC, now living 900 miles south of me. He is also a fan. Note the post Corp hair :rofl:

4 Likes

Looks like some great training. I am looking forward to going through some outdoor drills with my daughter. She is starting to get a bit more comfortable with shooting.

7 Likes

That’s the WPS group (Warrior Poet Society). My son took rifle 1,2 and 3 with them…

4 Likes

At least a year! It had been on my to-do list last year even with the Covid krap, but I just hadn’t gotten around to it. Then they closed the ranges for months! I finally went last week. I know my grip and hand are weaker for not having practiced, but I was dry firing to get my finger used to it. I have to get ready to renew my permit at the start of 2022, so I need to go with a little more frequency (tho I AM worried about having access to ammo - and it’s cost).

6 Likes

I saw the Warrior Poet shirt. I am going to sign up for their Pistol 1,2 & 3 within the next year.

4 Likes

Went last Saturday. Got my wife to go to range with us about a month ago, while visiting family in Michigan. Bout her a Ruger 380, not a bad little piece. Sunday went to friends, shot some skeet, and blasted some milk jugs with shotguns.

5 Likes

Last Sunday. Shot the AK. A good time was had by all, although we got interrupted by some thunder boomers a couple of times. (Outdoor range)

6 Likes

I haven’t had my AK’s out in awhile. It looks like 7.62x39 prices are coming back down now so I may feel better about using some of the stash.

5 Likes

Yes. It has finally dropped below .50 a round now.

6 Likes