Hope this is correct place for this post

Hi ya all.
I simply wished to mention a backup item, usually for men but def not exclusive, that most don’t think of, that being a backup belt that works with your belt carry system. I’ve had buckles goof up and have cut belts in two to get them off quickly. Thing is, IF u use a belt carry system, and your belt goofs to the point of useless, having a spare aint a bad idea. Granted a good gun belt isn’t cheap, so maybe now, while yours is fine, is a good time to consider buying a spare to have on hand just in case.
Of course if your bodyweight isn’t steady then it’s not a good idea, but if it is…

Just a thought from a man who learned this lesson the hard way years ago :wink:
Be safe and well ya all!

13 Likes

Yup. Bought 2 NexBelt’s last time, if one breaks I will order 2 more. :us:

7 Likes

YES! This is so important, IMO, that in my version of a “go bag”, which is merely my airline carry on luggage (that also gets taken for all travel by vehicle), which stays packed 365 days a year in the bedroom corner, contains my most recent (retired but still usable) carry belt. A full change of clothes is of course in this ultra essential bag, and that change of clothes is in fact FULL, including belt.

Gotta have the belt!

5 Likes

@Smiddy, it is always good to have an extra belt agree 100 percent. As @BRUCE26 also ordered 2 NexBelt’s also a great brand of belt. I have the 511 tactical belt and I also have a strong leather belt that I use for EDC.

7 Likes

I’ve been using the same brass military buckle with different web belts for 54 years, it’s never failed and, is a very useful weapon or tourniquet. The only change is I don’t polish the buckle ever day but I still block and starch my cover.
PS: web belts come in different colors to match the occasion and brass is always fashionable you see.

8 Likes

I use a sticky holster even works without a belt. The only problem is I can’t train with it. Then I use a gun belt or just a inch and quarter leather belt with kydex holster.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. Web belt for me and it never failed last one lasted 10 years since I gained weight and the metal wore off.
I currently have a cinch belt from trayvax another type of web belt and it looks like it’ll last another decade but ill buy another to save on inflation costs.

4 Likes

You won’t wear this puppy out.

4 Likes

Where can I find a good quality one?

2 Likes

Buy one at a military PX ,or military surplus store.
Hmmm use to be able to buy smokes at the PX WITH NO TAX.
Try Googling and ones near you should pop up.

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try it out.

2 Likes

Buy a belt that is one or two sizes larger than your current size. It is easy to cut a belt down or to punch more holes in it if your waist size manages to shrink or expand. It is much easier to make a belt that is too long shorter than it is to make a belt that is too short longer.

3 Likes

Yes! If u have no PX/BX access use surplus stores!! They’re treasure troves of mil spec usable gear.

My belts are from gun belts for com. Tried a nexbelr, had a buckle issue that required me cutting the belt off. Had it not been for that I was sending my IWB holster attachment clips weren’t going to do as well as with a thick leather belt.

Very much agree about the packed bag too. One in my Jeep at all times with backup casual clothes.
Also have spare mags for the carry gun, chem lights, water purification compass etc….not a full load out but “just enough.” Oh, also emergency blankets & 550 paracord. Just a typical bag with a camelback, sipper + a FAK really. I dunno - I feel it’s pretty basic.

I think it’s great to hear wat ya all do. Men & women like us surely can benefit from sharing this sort of info :). Thank you all!

6 Likes

During one of these community posts over 2 years ago, someone mentioned a KORE belt. I have weight fluctuations and the Kore belt has a ratchet system at 1/4 in. intervals. You can also sync it as you like with an IWB carry. Their Tactical Belt will not roll over on you. I have switched all of my belts to Kore. When I travel, I always have a spare with me.

4 Likes

Smiddy, couldn’t agree more! I have only had one of my carry belts fail once — the buckle broke — BUT it was about 15 minutes before a concealed carry class that I was teaching. Would have been REALLY embarrassing if I hadn’t had a back up handy. Really the only reason I had that back up with me was because I brought a collection of holsters and belts to show the class but it still taught me a lesson.

5 Likes

It would seem I have 4 extra belts that were rejects for one reason or another. I also have 2 different colored NextBelts in use at the moment so I am all set! :smiley:

1 Like

I had a NextBelt. It broke. I bought a Kore. The belt is thicker than the NextBelt. I actually like the thinner better. I also have two Wilderness Tactical instructor belts. Their great. All of the above options are adjustable of weight fluctuates.

1 Like

I am happy to say that I make my own belts now. They are not difficult to crank out if you have the right leather and tools! I have one that is on the pattern of an 1903 Springfield Rifle sling (but with brass hooks instead of steel hooks). It is very strong and there is no buckle to stick out in front.

4 Likes

A good belt is of course essential for EDC but I’ve never had a belt fail! You had to cut a belt off?

2 Likes

About to buy two more, one for everyday wear, the other for dress up. Having multiple bests just like having multiple holsters, for different occasions.

4 Likes