Hope this is correct place for this post

I must be weird or something. I have at least a dozen belts of sundry descriptions, buckles and belt material. I also have another dozen belts that seem to have been left out in the rain or washed in hot water or something because they seem to have shrunk. I did cut one belt and add it to a cartridge belt that had suffered that effect. I cut about six inches from a belt that was too short and added it to the tongue of the cartridge belt with chicago screws and voila! The cartridge belt now goes completely around my waist instead of stopping about four inches short before the alteration. There is an on-line vendor called Leather Guy or Belt guy or some such name who sell all sorts of leather working material, tools and leather pieces. He has everything you need to shorten or lengthen a leather belt. Some alterations can also be done to synthetic belts using heat. I have an old putty knife that I heat in a propane torch for alterations to synthetic belts and holsters.

1 Like

That reminded me of a saying.
“ When it’s hot and sticky that’s no time to dip your Wiki “

1 Like

@Jaycee >> I just saw your comment, funny because I just changed my EDC holster again. It’s fun going thru them because over time I’ve collected a big cardboard box full of em. I found one I liked even better that I was using for another EDC. I’m not concerned about printing anymore. The other day I went to my car parts store and I know the good guys that work there and we always shoot the Bull. They started talking about still another mugging in town and one of them pulled up his shirt to show his iron. The other guy commented that he had a blue card but his iron was in the car. I turned to him and asked him if I was printing ( and I was ) and He didn’t even know what the hell printing was.
Weeee, looks like there’s hope for My 1911, I have a bunch of holster and a two clip holder for it. If I put 2 mags on one side and my Iron on the other side I’ll just look like a fat man.

2 Likes

@Blacky Man I’m literally about to purchase my THIRD holster for EDC. Just got an Olight PL Mini 2. This should be it. I didn’t know much about holsters & belt clips when I started. So the first holster I got came from Mission First Tactical with the wide plastic belt clip. I still use it. Then I got to thinking about what if I need to go somewhere with my shirt tucked in, this holster not going to work. Unfortunately MFT doesn’t have the belt clips (J clips I think they’re called) for IWB. I ordered one from Rounded (formerly Concealment Express).

This time I’m getting a holster that can fit my firearm with a light, tuckable, & cut to work with a red dot. Cause at some point, I’m going to buy a red dot just because & I don’t want to have to buy a 4th holster. My wife says I have more accessories than her :rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

If I try really, really, really hard I can almost remember when I only had three holsters. Don’t worry…you will catch up! :grin:

5 Likes

@Jaycee >> Back to Blacky School for you. Honesty is always the best policy part of the time but not the most the practical.

• keep a fire arm cash stash ( no paper trail )
  • unless your spouset is a expert she’s not gonna know you have a new iron unless you tell her. Most of the time they think they all look the same anyway.
  • if she finds out say “ honey I got you a surprise and then you could use it “

Truth or consequence. They don’t tell us every time they buy cosmetics. Woman spend billions of dollars on Cosmetics annually.Your powder room and medicine closet aren’t full of firearms are they and you could buy a few boxes of amo for the price of one bottle of perfume. It’s a lot cheeper to smell gunpowder.
PS: if your a good domestic politician you’ll still be in office next year me thinks. One more thing
I needed a new iron so I could protect you better honey >> oh wait that’s true <<

3 Likes

@Blacky she doesn’t mind the accessories. I bought her firearm first before I bought any of mine. And she has two holsters I bought (another trial & error purchase). In fact she saw my new Olight, talking about I think I could work with that one on her firearm. So I’ll be buying another one. But if I buy another firearm, I’ll be on the couch. I’d be too happy to hide the fact I bought one. She’d see it on my face.

3 Likes

Remember the old bull and the young bull. If you don’t know the story
I’ll tell it to you, nothing like being in love but there are tricks to the trade.
Good luck in what ever journey you my travel in this life.

4 Likes

3 Hanks leather belts.

4 Likes

I am assuming this was just a common sense statement but I have forgotten not many have this “natural” ability in these days we are living in.:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

You’re just getting warmed up

4 Likes

I have a lot of people ask me for recommendations on guns, ammo, and gear. I feel obligated to personally own and test as many as possible in order to give sound advice. That’s my story and I am sticking to it! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

I keep forgetting I have a belly band holster too for when I wear gym shorts. So technically this will be the 4th holster for my EDC. Still shopping. There are 2 companies I’m looking at, but there’s a 3rd one (Werkz) that I’m holding out on, in hopes they make a holster for my EDC/light combo.

4 Likes

I started with a cheap holster that had multiple means of attachment. I wanted an inexpensive way to test different carry methods. I then went with an AWB, but in the last couple years, can no longer carry that way (BBS - big belly syndrome). I now carry OWB in a leather, retention 1, holster. Best method so far. Long shirt in Winter, Hawaiian shirt in Summer, and a sturdy leather belt. I have no issues even wearing my full-frame .45 all-day.

3 Likes

Did you know that Oniomania is a disease and it is more contagious than
Obesity. Looks like your a Carrier. The only cure is “ MO MONEY “
The first step in controlling a disease is admitting that you have it.
PS: I have it too but I’m not admitting it.

4 Likes

@Jaycee >> no, not another one

3 Likes

I’ve never used a belt. I’m a fan of the shoulder holster. Gun under left, 2 back up mags under the right. Covers up nicely with a vest

2 Likes

I currently have 4 pistol holsters: AIWB for both my M&P9 and my P365, a pocket holster for my P365, and a belly band. Waiting on a new belly band from Crossbreed that includes holsters for both, as well as a Bedside Backup setup that works for both of those, as well. I have a Taurus G3, too, but I’m still breaking it in. Once that happens, it’ll be strictly for home defense.

1 Like