Holster position and cant

I pocket carry with an Alabama Holster pocket holster.

1 Like

Currently, a self made leather OWB at 3:00 for my Bersa UCP, switching to an Aliengear IWB 3.5 soon. I plan to remedy weapon scuffing as well as retention by attaching thin leather to the inside of the Kydex plate. Sometimes. I will use a custom shoulder holster if wearing a suit jacket. Its hard to find holsters for this pistol, but the double stack grip fit my hand perfectly.

1 Like

I currently carry my Taurus G2S in a Concealment Express kydex IWB holster at 9:00. When I carry OWB, I use a Kusiak leather holster. I do not really like the Kusiak, as I am having retention problems (too much, no way to adjust without basically ruining the holster). Even though it lacks in the comfort department, the Concealment Express has been my ‘go-to’ holster for the last couple of years.

1 Like

Kydex IWB 4-4:30 subcompact single stack works OK for most things. With lots of driving I tend to prefer either a 3:30 slight cant OWB or shoulder holster. If I’m doing a lot of activity which might print, I favor the shoulder holster (if I have the appropriate ‘over’ attire - which usually means winter time). Of all, the OWB is by far the most comfortable. That OWB holster is the only one which I sometimes forget I am wearing it, even with the heavy S&W 66-8.

1 Like

Are you set on kydex? I have not found one that is comfortable for all day carry. I admit I like leather and have tried more leather than kydex.

1 Like

Kydex is molded to fit your gun precisely under heat and pressure.

Leather molds itself to fit your body precisely.

Nothing beats leather for comfort but nothing beats kydex when it comes to fitting your gun precisely.

Carry is all about trade offs. More comfort-less secure fit for the firearm.

Better Accessibility-less security/retention.

Active, Positive Retention-Reduced/delayed accessibility.

Like everything else in life we just have to decide on where we’re willing to compromise.

3 Likes

I have vedder holsters for all my carry options. Being a lefty it either sits at 8o’clock or appendix…depends on the season.

1 Like

@tony, so how do you move your appendix to your left side? (lol)

2 Likes

Lol good one. I guess for lefties it’s colon carry😂

1 Like

:sweat_smile::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

@tony After seeing it in black and white, I can understand why some would hesitate to go around calling it that.

2 Likes

Hawg Holster with FBI can’t, I carry a CZ75D PCR

1 Like