Holster for Walther WMP

I’m interested in getting a Walther WMP. Impressive pistol chambered in .22 magnum. I would like to also get a Kydex OWB holster for the pistol. So far, I’ve checked the Vedder, Alien Gear and Crossbreed websites, but, have not seen a kydex holster for the Walther WMP. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.

4 Likes

@Jeffrey14,
Did you try Bravo Concealment or Concealment Express just to name a few more. There is also a company called Tulster and what about We The People???

3 Likes

Ahh. The headache of enjoying something that’s not mainstream. I wish you well!

6 Likes

Went to the Walther web site to look see what a WMP looked like, nice piece, but I noticed this at the bottom of the page:

" 10 round magazines have markings for 15 rounds, but are blocked to only accept 10 rounds. They are sealed to comply with state laws. Do not attempt to disassemble the magazine or you may damage the magazine and render it inoperable."

Kinda turned me off to the Walther brand.

4 Likes

Since I live in Indiana I can get the 15 round magazine. Walther has to make the modification for the 10 round mags to comply with all the anti-gun regs in the left wing states.

4 Likes

Thanks for the information. I’ll check the websites for each company.

3 Likes

The pistol has not been on the market very long. Holster companies may hesitate to make a custom Kydex holster unless the sales volume for the pistol justifies the investment for the tooling to make the custom holster.

4 Likes

I got tired of the roulette wheel of trying to buy a holster that would work with what I had. So now I have a box of holsters that didn’t work. So I found a custom holster maker and I now I have custom leather, or kydex leather holster for each handgun I have.

So maybe look for someone who makes custom holsters.

YMMV

PS. If you are interested, shoot me a message and I will give you the number of the guy who makes my holsters.

6 Likes

There are numerous artisans out there making custom IWB and OWM (and even leg rigs) holsters fit exactly to your firearm (you take hour firearm to them - just like you would to a gunsmith) and they make your holster. Virtually no limit to colors and patterns. Check online and with local shops to find someone near you. Expect to pay about 1/2 of what you would from an established manufacturer. Don’t tell anyone I told you.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s a pain in the ass to find holsters for my Q4 Tac . . . . :frowning:

@Jeffrey14
If you do get the gun, please let us know how you like it. I’ve been considering getting it myself.

On a side note, at least Walther did a bang up job on marketing and promoting it’s PDP line so that those pistols don’t have the same issue of lack of accessories . . .

6 Likes

I’ll be glad to let you know about my experience with the Walther WMP if I do buy it.

6 Likes

Thank ya kindly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Jeffrey14 At the gun store see if the Kydex holster for the Walther PDP fit the new Walther WMP. they seem to share the same dimensions.

5 Likes

Yeah, just from looking at it on the Walther site it looks almost exactly like the PDP (4.5" barrel). That is a great suggestion.

4 Likes

I just bought a handmade leather holster for my HK VP9 SK at Southern Trapper. They make the holster per your pistol. Super nice. Its not Kydex but if you dont mind doing leather, this company is the best. It takes 6 weeks to get to you and uts not cheap but it has a 100 year guarantee

6 Likes

I would like the contact information for the custom holster maker. So far, I’ve been unsuccessful in finding a company that has a kydex holster for the Walther WMP/.

2 Likes

I checked their websites. I did not see any listing for a kydex holster made for the Walther WMP.

2 Likes

I will be looking at this option since I have not come across a kydex holster for the Walther WMP on any website yet.

2 Likes

For the time being, I will keep trying to get a kydex holster, but, thanks for the information.

2 Likes

You could always try making your own. There seems to be a bunch of YouTube videos on how to do it. Here is an example of one Making a Kydex Holster | Personal Defense Network - YouTube I have not watched it myself, but maybe it is a route you might be interested in.

Amazon has kits Amazon.com : kydex diy kit

HolsterSmith sells parts and materials Holster Making Supplies | KYDEX® Sheet | Gun Molds for Holsters | Attachments | Tools | Parts | HolsterSmith.com

Holster Builder HolsterBuilder - Everything you need to build your holsters

There is a plethora of stuff available, just have to look if you are interested.

1 Like