Holsters

I can’t find any Kydex holsters for my .38 S&W Bodyguard with laser revolver. I’m a smaller woman, and shoot left handed, and I can’t find a small, reliable, comfortable IWB holster anywhere. It is more than frustrating. Too many holsters are just too bulky for my body frame and clothing, especially the lightweight summer styles that we wear here in Florida most of the time. Help!!

1 Like

So we don’t suggest things you have already tried, can you tell us what has failed for you?

I’m a Florida southpaw, too.

1 Like

Oh, just some thick, nylon thing that we had for my Lady Smith .38; the trouble is that most of my clothing doesn’t have belt loops, and is thin material. Finding anything IWB for left handed shooters is a challenge anyway.

1 Like

I forgot to mention, finding anything for a left-handed 5-shot revolver like mine has been a problem.

@Alicia3 - have you looked at AlienGear (I have a couple of theirs) or Crossbreed? Both offer high-quality products.

3 Likes

Nothing. My husband said Crossbreed a few days ago, but no luck.

The Alien Gear has one that is too large; it covers too much area on the body for my size. I’m so disappointed.

These are some companies I can recommend for Kydex holsters, Concealment Express, Vedder, Bravo concealment and C&G. If you would consider leather, leatherworks and Leatherpro.com. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I also have a small frame. I first purchased the AlienGear IWB and had the same issue with feeling that it was too big. I ended up buying their appendix carry version and am very happy using it on my 3:00.

You may be able to contact them and let them know you are not happy. They may be able to just switch your pad.

2 Likes

Suggestion : Maybe a Belly
Band Holster. There are some good options. No brackets, clips, or over kill on plastics.

1 Like

Once again, there are places that can build a left handed holster. Please check
ALIENGEAR FOR HOLSTERS.

1 Like

Thank you, but Florida is too hot for a belly band holster.

2 Likes

Maybe a belly band can be altered by a professional seamstress or re-fabrication of material.

1 Like

I just got off the helpline with Alien Gear, and the two IWB choices they have are too big (wide), and most of my skirt/pant waists don’t have beltloops. I don’t ever wear a belt anyway. I need a single clip Kydex, IWB for a 5-shot revolver with integrated laser, for a left-handed shooter. My choices are few and far between.

2 Likes

@Alicia3

Try your local gunsmith they may make you a custom Kydex / leather.

2 Likes

I’m now looking at the Sticky line of holsters, and they might (maybe) able to also do a Kydex insert for my revolver that fits their holster. They also have a garter belt style, which would be great with dresses and skirts. These might end up being my only reasonable choices. I’ll have to phone them. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

@Alicia3: Have you looked in this discussion: Womens Conceal Carry options . It appears there may be some good suggestions for you there. Dene Adams has a line of stretch pants that you might be interested in, and it’s mentioned in that discussion.

2 Likes

Remora holsters are nice. If you are looking at sticky holsters. They’re pretty similar and you can get them with the clip

3 Likes

Not sure about no belt. Even a 5 shot revolver has weight. They do have thigh/garter holsters, and there is also a type of holster built into stretch pants.

DeSantis SOF Tuck is an option. I have one for a 5 shot revolver, though I am not sure about the left hand availability.

2 Likes

Have you tried N8 tactical? They were formally known as N82 tactical.
They make a wide variety of holsters, including single clip IWB.

Dara Holsters does make a kydex IWB LEFT HANDED holster for the S&W Bodyguard 38.

You will need to ask them about the laser though. Is it one of the lasers built in to the grip or is it under barrel?

2 Likes