Here it comes! (Proposed gun legislation)

I hate to say it @Anthony88 but saying “the government” knows gun safety doesn’t fly. Which part of the thousands of government workers are you saying know gun safety. The one from Illinois who drove to Indiana to buy a rifle and illegally returned it to Illinois? The one who sawed off the barrel of her husband’s new AR crating a short barrel rifle in violation of the NFA? The ones who believe that a person, intent on killing others, cannot injure or kill as many people with 10 round magazines as 30 round magazines. The ones who want to reenact the Assault weapons ban from 1994 that had no effect whatsoever in the amount of crimes committed with firearms. The ones who think a 7 day waiting period will stop a person intent on killing others from doing so? The ones who vilify rifles when more people are killed with pistols.
And frankly, the child who broke the glass cabinet is more likely to be injured by the glass then by the ammo unless they have access to the firearm as well. Getting hit by a 147 grain 9mm round thrown at you may smart, but it is extremely unlikely to cause and significant physical injury.

8 Likes

Please keep up posted on the upcoming changes that Biden will be making.

2 Likes

“Do you have the thing that goes boom? We’re banning it.”

13 Likes

The proposed firearm laws will be coming fast and furious (we obviously need more…) but he’s already been outspoken about day 1. Reopen borders. Reopen to countries closed by Trump. Reenter the Paris accord. If he is successful, he’ll have accomplished more on day one than in the first 47 years.

4 Likes

ATTACK ON GUN OWNERS & PERSONAL LIBERTY :100::100:

This administration will go nuclear on the 2ND Amendment. Funny thing is… Months ago I had a liberal fellow tell me that “nobody is coming for your guns. You guys let Fox news & Republicans hype yall up about something nobody said! It’s just rhetoric to get yall worked up.” :rage:

Looking back… Himself being a gun owner, I think he wants to believe what he’s saying. I told him WHEN they remove the masks, I’m just gonna look at him. 🤦🏾

This is one time I don’t wanna be right… One time I don’t wanna say “Told You So…”

:v:t5:

3 Likes

fast and furious

He and Obama already has the distinction of that one.

1. Reopen borders

There is already an over 1,000 people caravan coming from Central America so live a cushy life while the rest of us taxpayers subsidize their living arrangements.

3 Likes

I don’t mind admitting that I was disappointed under Obama; I was surrounded by people getting help on their mortgates when I couldn’t, and getting new cars (cash for clunkers) when I couldn’t, and assitance or relief from other debts when I couldn’t. Instead, I was paying for theirs and mine during the crisis. Not a great part of our current system.

4 Likes

Well if Biden does open the borders without vetting people he will be BREAKING HIS OATH OF OFFICE TO DEFEND THE U.S. CONSTITUTION AND TO KEEP IT;S CITIZENS SAFE FROM FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC THREATS. And here is the OATH OF OFFICE THAT EVERY PRESIDENT TAKES WORD FOR WORD:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

4 Likes

It is up to 8000 now.

1 Like

Obama did the same and mothing happened to him. Nothing in this system will hold them accountable, that was suppose to be the peoples job and we have abdicate our responsibilities

1 Like

It is a good time to check on the 2nd Amend Sanctuary status and take the temperature of your Sherriff in regards to unconstitutional gun laws. We are looking at a minimum 2 years of refusing to comply.

2 Likes

Just saw this in Google news.

You can’t make this stuff up. Never trust anyone who is supposed to be leading (despite a history of total failure at it) and then describes themselves as a leader. Followers choose leaders…not the “leader.”

And they used the word “aim” in a sentence with door shooting shotgun Joe.

At a minimum, we’ll get the rest of his days for fodder. I think i’m going to buy some dark sun glasses, a hat, and a hoodie and just hide out…

Hello, does the USCCA have a Posting yet or compiled a list of changes we should prepare for?

1 Like

Not sure if USCCA has the hard drive space for all the changes and their effects for the first 30 days.

6 Likes

First and foremost you need to check your local laws on the books, it can be tedious, I know. But, that’s yet another hurdle we are forced to go through.

4 Likes

Multiple threads added together regarding proposed legislation.

PLEASE be sure to search the Community before starting a new topic as that topic may already be created.

Thanks!!
~Moderators

2 Likes

What are you trying to say here?

"147 grain 9mm round thrown at you may smart, but it is extremely unlikely to cause and significant

Since the government writes the rules, they know the rules. That is what I was saying.

Individuals making bad decisions is not the government.

What I am saying is the government does not know the rules. There are some in the government that know the rules, but as a general rule, most elected officials and government employees do not know the rules. When government officials say the average citizen should not be able to purchase a machine gun, which has for the most part been outlawed for decades, they do not know the rules. When they say civilians should not be able to possess weapons of war, they are clueless. When the affordable care act was passed and the President said you can keep your insurance, he didn’t know the rules. When a 3000 page bill is presented to a chamber in congress with only an a couple hours to review it, they do not know the rules they are making.

My point about the throwing ammo is that a box of ammunition is unlikely to cause a serious injury unless it is paired with a firearm. Crates of ammunition in someone’s basement has no special storage requirements, except maybe a cool dry environment. That is not unsafe storage. And storage even storage requirements in a home vary depending on the individuals circumstances. Storage requirements when children are present are very different than an a home with only adults. The government has no business telling me or you how to store your firearms or ammunition.

10 Likes

Nancy Pelosi admitted that she can’t know exactly what’s in a Bill until after it’s been passed into law.
Just sayin’

5 Likes

@Barry37 , I tagged you over here, to not muddy up the other topic. Here’s a picture of 3 guns.

All three are .22lr. The top 2 are semiauto. Here comes the rub. The top gun, by its features of
1.Thumbhole/pistol grip stock
2.Detachable magazines
Is considered an “assault rifle.” In fact, Boyd’s wouldn’t directly ship me the stock, because of the Chicago “assault rifle” ban. I had to go through a 2nd party distributor.

Rifle number 2, as it sits is fine. Now, if I put a commonly held Ruger BX-15 or BX-25 magazine in it, it becomes an “assault rifle” because of
1.”High capacity” magazines.

Rifle number 3, is considered a “hunting rifle.” With its 10 round magazine, and manual bolt system. Even though, in competition rifles 1 and 2 are given 25 seconds to shoot 5 shots, rifle 3 is given 30 seconds. That shows it’s rate of fire is not much less than 1 and 2. But, by its nature as a “hunting rifle” it is more accurate. So, I consider it to be the most deadly, because it’s superior sighting arrangement, makes it a potential “sniper rifle.”

Now, make those 3 guns Center Fire, say in .223, a very common round. Although 1 and 2 function exactly the same, 1 would be considered more dangerous than 2, because of appearance. Both would be banned, or required to be registered as semiautomatic “weapons.” After they are banned, the anti-2A administration would go after number 3 as a sniper rifle.

With all this in mind, looking at deaths involving firearms, the most common caliber in firearms related deaths, all of them including accidents, suicides, and murders, is .22LR.

Now, Biden/Harris claim that the Clinton era rifle ban was effective. Columbine happened during that ban. The ban did nothing to stop it. They claim “high capacity magazines make mass shootings easier.” The Parkland shooter used 5 round magazines. The Virginia Tech shooting had the highest death toll for a school shooting in the US, at 33 dead. 7 months after the Clinton assault weapon ban became law, Timothy McVeigh murdered 168 people, men, women, and children, with a truck, fertilizer, and diesel fuel. In seconds.

Evil people, do evil things. Assault is an action, not a weapon. There are 20,000 plus gun laws, that criminals don’t care about. Only law abiding citizens are affected.

9 Likes